heraklion x pushback vehicles

dinosfsx

I just noticed something in Heraklion X and i thought of telling you.

It isn't a problem but more of an advice.

In the real airport there are no pushback vehicles. The aircrafts just move forward and taxi to the runway no pushbacks on any parking place.

I just thought of sharing this issue in case you want to fix it. It really is annoying because you cant pushback on curved lines. That explains why aircrafts start taxiing immediately.

Thank you.

• Developer

Are you talking about Pushback with AES or did you mean the Pushbacktrucks generated by the FSX itself at the positions?

Are you talking about Pushback with AES or did you mean the Pushbacktrucks generated by the FSX itself at the positions?

I suspect these are the standard FSX ones. Guessing they're placed at any parking position that's big enough? I doubt FSX know's it's a drive in/out spot.

I am not sure if there is a way to remove pushback vehicles only. I think that after the SP1 update, this option is not 'viable' any more.

One way to remove FSX service vehicles would be to assign the gates as MilitaryCargo in any AFD (airport file) editor. Personally, I don't like renaming the gate type, and this why I haven't done so in LGIR, as you might get 'funny' aircraft occupying those positions by external traffic add-ons.

• Upvote 1

well the default push back trucks can be removed by setting airport vehicle density to 0% in options like shown on the picture hope that solves it.. best regards LN

...or that of course if you want everything off :)

I don't understand what you mean, as I explained in the previous post the pushback issue is a problem with FSX, not the scenery.

The recognition of drive-in-drive-out positions is simply not a feature supported by default FSX.

well how should a develper remove some thing microsoft added. it is auto maticaly done as fs might read the files and place them by default. only by turn it off would prevent fs from placing them. or as Emilios told yesterday witch isent the best way to go..

No, as we said, you cannot ONLY remove pushback vehicles. It's all or nothing with default FSX.

If you really want realistic ground services, default FSX is not a good option.

Yes i know. But cant you remove those vehicles? They dont really exist. The airport never had or will have pushback vehicles.

You yourself can easily remove them: as KAPTEJNLN illustrated simply reduce the airport vehicle density to 0%. Look into the manual which comes with the scenery (see below).

post-18832-0-58382100-1345124014_thumb.j

Following this step you will get rid not only of the push back trucks but also the baggage carts etc.

If you want them back for your next flight this is just a matter of seconds.

The only other way would be to define the parking positions as "ramp" instead of "gate". But this can lead to AI airliners not using those parking positions, I'm sure that isn't what you want either.

We all have to live with some of the FSX AI limitations that cannot be changed by addon developers because the issues are part of FSX, not part of the addons. You will have those issues with all addons and all default airports.