Fairbanks flood

gdavej

Hi

I just installed Fairbanks, and tested it out on a wintery day in February. Close to the airport, there appear to be a number of houses flooded out. Please see the attachment. I have Ultimate Alaska installed, not sure if this has any effect. I'm also attaching an extracted sample of my scenery.cfg, showing the order of the sceneries.

David

[Area.133]

Title=UT Alaska Cities

Layer=133

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Scenery\UtAkCities

[Area.134]

Title=UT Alaska Mesh

Layer=134

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Scenery\UtAkMesh

[Area.135]

Title=Anchorage-Terrain

Layer=135

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=aerosoft\Anchorage-Terrain

[Area.136]

Title=Anchorage-Airport

Layer=136

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=aerosoft\Anchorage-Airport

[Area.137]

Title=Fairbanks-Terrain

Layer=137

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=aerosoft\Fairbanks X Terrain with UTA

[Area.138]

Title=Fairbanks-Airport

Layer=138

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=aerosoft\Fairbanks X

post-4136-0-33782900-1344725574_thumb.jp

I'm amazed that out of the 57 views so far of this problem, not one person has made a comment or suggestion.

I've investigated further, and discovered that the problem is connected to FlightOne Ultimate Terrain Alaska. I did check the box for the presence of this scenery addon when I installed Fairbanks, and as can be seen above, the "Fairbanks X Terrain with UTA" Aerosoft scenery was added. If I remove the entries for Ultimate Terrain Alaska, then those houses in the attached image disappear, and that area then becomes forest. Obviously I don't want to remove UT Alaska permanently, so it would be very helpful if somebody could suggest how UT Alaska can work with Aerosoft Fairbanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It most likely will take someone with the same software as you have to be knowledgeable about the issue you're seeing. Try to wait them out.

Perhaps you've already done this, but is Fairbanks X above Ultimate Terrain Alaska in your scenery library?

• Aerosoft

I'm amazed that out of the 57 views so far of this problem, not one person has made a comment or suggestion.

Well that more or less indicates it's not a widespread issue. I got the idea that something is wrong with the installation of UT. I suggest you de-install both products and install them again, UT first of course.

And your airports should be above any terrain products like UTX.

For example:

[Area.133]

Title=Anchorage-Airport

Layer=133

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

[Area.134]

Title=Anchorage-Terrain

Layer=134

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=aerosoft\Anchorage-Terrain

[Area.135]

Title=Fairbanks-Airport

Layer=135

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=aerosoft\Fairbanks X

[Area.136]

Title=Fairbanks-Terrain

Layer=136

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=aerosoft\Fairbanks X Terrain with UTA

[Area.137]

Title=UT Alaska Cities

Layer=137

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Scenery\UtAkCities

[Area.138]

Title=UT Alaska Mesh

Layer=138

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Scenery\UtAkMesh

And your airports should be above any terrain products like UTX.

For example:

[Area.133]

Title=Anchorage-Airport

Layer=133

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

The sceneries are in the correct order, I just extracted the lines from my scenry.cfg, with the scenery number/layer increasing with increasing priority.

• Developer

Hi,

will have a look into it. Maybe an exclude will help, but have to check it first.

The flooded houses are "inside" the Chena River west from the airport?

Thorsten, sim-wings

Hi,

will have a look into it. Maybe an exclude will help, but have to check it first.

The flooded houses are "inside" the Chena River west from the airport?

Thorsten, sim-wings

Looks like the uninstall/reinstall suggested by Mathijs did the trick, at least the houses are now safely above water. Looks like the original install of UT Alaska missed out a couple of sceneries, and that was causing the problem. After reinstalling, of course those UT sceneries were installed correctly, and now my flooding problem has evaporated.

Thanks

David

• Upvote 1