FLY-OUT/IN Sunday August 19´th

OleAndreasen

Well... I finally made it - about 15 minutes late, due to my stupid PC, and discovered that there were actually people in the Aerosoft Gamespy server. Hurra!

Unfortunately it was not a real succes tonight, but we were 5 people online flying at some point, before the Gamespy server started to kick people off. We then flew on different servers, some offline, some on the Aerosoft Gamespy server, and at a stop, Ian and I joined each other on a fresh-made Gamespy server session, and flew to Brac-island - OR rather close to it, as about 30-40 miles out, my PC froze up again and so Ian was kicked too, as I was hosting...

So not many (But I think some) made it to Heraklion, but we DID fly and talk, and that´s the important thing. Next time will be better I´m sure.

Here is a couple of pics from when Ian and I flew close... Ian is about to take the lead and pass me to the left...

screenshot17.JPG

screenshot20.JPG

Yes, that was a pain, getting kicked out by Gamespy. Still, managed to get to Brac Island. Will post pics tomorrow. Time to hit the hay now....

Pity,...later my PC works after I haved changed Uiautomation.dll with newer date.. :(

And temperature of pc was too high too...

I specially parked that AMA KC-130 for out Jet pilots... ^_^

post-26853-0-08412200-1345414142_thumb.j

post-26853-0-00855500-1345414143_thumb.j

Yeah, too bad we had our share of technical gremlins. My pc bonked in the afternoon, it being 37 degrees here in Holland. After opening my case and setting up a tablefan blowing into the case all went well last evening, but the server gave us too much trouble. Strange, since I've only known the FSX-Gamespy thing to exhibit this behaviour in the Free Flight lobby, not in the other ones.

Technical things aside: it was fun while it lasted.

Although ... may I suggest more similar craft for the next time?

Toby,

I agree it was a long and lonely flight in an F18. I made it with 30 mins endurance remaining. I have downloaded the Mountain Flying from Vertical Studios. I wish I had the Switzerland Scenery, I will have to enjoy the default for the time being. It was nice to see somebody at Iraklion when I got there, Volker Jacob was stooging around in a T45 Goshawk, I have the aircraft so it was accurately displayed by FSX.

Ole,

Perhaps next time we should consider a shorter transit and an aircraft type or aircraft of similar speeds. I was envious of you and Ian joining up, although I did enjoy the challenge of flying using en-route charts and NDBs on a woeful (my ability) Nav suite in the F18. I only worked out how to tune the ADF whilst I was waiting for you guys to turn up. I couldn't get the VORs to accept any frequencies, the scenery in Iraklion is particularly good, I flew an NDB profile to RW27, fortunately the visibility allowed for some VFR assistance and good use of the pAPIs. I look forward to the next adventure.

Ian,

I didn't manage to take the Screenshot, which is a shame, my IT skills are probably not up to anyway!

Kind Regards

Dave Boreham

Dave (and you others too of course)

I agree... I actually started out in a 737, but when I hosted a new session, so people needent start from Andras again, I chose a smaller one, knowing we probably wouldnt make it all the way anyway...

But this session was kind of messed up from square one. I didnt think straight when i made the first draft, the length of the flight, and the aircraft in choice. Then Matt came in and changed the day, then changed it back, but changed the time, then for some reason, not showing up at all. I hope Matt is alright, his computer also... he usually shows when he says he will.

And then the actual flight was a mess, when Gamespy started to kick people...

But I suggest we fly the same flight, or if you prefer - then BACK from Heraklion on Sunday September 2.nd. How does 8. PM sound? OR a morning flight instead? Like 10 AM...

And then we choose aircraft with approx. same speed/range. I would like it if we could all use either an Aerosoft Airbus, OR a Boeing 737, but I am open to suggestions.

As for me a good time, because I have Monday free. So 10 AM UTC oder same time like yesterday no problem ^_^

I wanted to use my AMA KC-130 for fun half way, but think , I will choose standard or CS 737 next. And lower Temperatures please B)

And YES...was amazing....( same TS3...I was the pure super denglisch bachelor, didn't spoke since 2 years) :ph34r:

@Ole

sounds good to me, although it is a long flight and I'm not much of a jetliner pilot (too many switches for an automated bus). I'll see if I can get to grips with my shiny new Milviz T38 Talon. Hell, I'm even crazy enough to do it in my Dimona X. If not, I'll try to get in on a jetliner, for the full length or half.

8 PM (UTC?) sounds good, morning flights are hard for me with 2 small kids to so "yes" on the spot. Will have to sweet talk the wife for that :wub: .

On another note:

I've suggested the following to Chris Klein from Vertical Studios regarding his fly-outs also:

Do you guys know of the freeware and excellent NL2000 scenery? It is a photographic scenery of the entire Netherlands.

If you have it, or are willing to get it, I'd be much obliged to give you guys a or several tours of The Netherlands "low and slow", also using Aerosoft airfields EHRD, EHAM and EHLE , say 1-1,5 hrs per tour?

http://www.nl-2000.com

Tobus,

I had NL2000 V3 for FS2004, but I don't like Bit Torrent, probably due to ignorance but I do not wish to give others the use of my PC or internet, it sounds selfish but it is the security side of things that concerns me. I do not have or own any pirate software and I think Bit Torrent is used a lot for this. If I could get it on a disc/DVD I would buy it.

I added Altenheim and Larnaca from Aerosoft this morning, I thought Altenheim might be a good destination from Andras Field in GA or Spitfire, but may be too close only 56 miles.

I now have the Ski lift and buildings my scenery complexity was too low thank you Toby. Ole I still have Christmas trees everywhere though!

I can make the 2 Sep and will see what I can do about EAFS in the PMDG database, although I am not hopeful a return trip sounds like a good idea, I will watch this space to see what happens. I have a few issues with my scenery library at the moment my FSDreamTeam Zurich and Geneva buildings have disappeared!

I will catch you later

Kind Regards

Dave Boreham

Tobus,

I had NL2000 V3 for FS2004, but I don't like Bit Torrent, probably due to ignorance but I do not wish to give others the use of my PC or internet, it sounds selfish but it is the security side of things that concerns me. I do not have or own any pirate software and I think Bit Torrent is used a lot for this. If I could get it on a disc/DVD I would buy it.

Habit. All modules are also on Avsim (I think). If not, PM me, I think I can arrange other means of download.

I have NL2000 for FSX but not sure I've installed it - will have to double-check. It is good stuff, I had an earlier version, then the later one, for FS9 and it is excellent. Like that idea of Netherlands tours.

I never got to Heraklion, so not sure I can do the return trip! I agree, using aircraft with similar capabilities. Problem is I have no decent 737 or Airbus for FSX. Can maybe use the Lear or similar, that's bearable. :)

On the return trip i'm DEFINATELY using the milviz T-38. I got it this weekend at 50% off (going till sept 5, wink wink) and man what a rocket!

Toby,

I have spent another fortune today and am now the proud owner of a T-38. I am just about to fire it up to have a look. I feel I am moving away from my normal comfort zone of FMCs and way points! Hopefully it comes with a decent Manual so I can use the navaids and avionics to good effect.

Kind Regards

Dave Boreham

Toby,

T38 is a rocket you need to keep the speed up on finals as it goes all mushy, I will explore it some more tomorrow. Re NL2000, I will have a look at Avsim tonight and see about downloading the files, I am worried as I know it can eat up the PCs resources and mine struggles now. My wife caugfht me sneaking upstairs with my wallet and the credit card earlier, it is a good job she is as amenable as she is, if she only new the half of it!

Kind Regards

Dave Boreham

Habit,

T38:

T38 POH manual is on the milviz T-38 website. It's the real deal, about 280 pages, but I've flown from Andras Field to Venice yesterday with pretty much nothing more than common sense and the occasional "what does that button do?"

NL2000:

It seems all NL2000 modules on their website are downloadable via torrent, avsim or dedicated ftp link. It IS a framerate eater, but can be manageable with slidersettings. I use the FSPS FSX booster from simmarket with good result myself.

Toby,

NL2000

I just crashed the T38 at Eindhoven! I managed to download all the files last night thank the Lord for a fast internet connection, I just need to update the files to V4.02 now and I should be sorted my FPS at Eindhoven were around the 20FPS dropping to 18/16 occasionally. The installation was tricky and I am not looking forward to the V4.02 installer faff again, I will try and get it sorted this afternoon.

Kind Regards

Dave Boreham

Matt,

I feel for you. I recently had BT Infinity fitted all the downloads for NL2000 would have taken an age on my previous download speed 2.6MBs I am now getting 68.59MBs it is incredible, I hope they bring it to your area soon. My daughter is having to wait 2 months to have a line sorted by BT, I think it is because they are a SKY customer!

I have spent the last hour trying to add EAFS to the NavData files, I am sorry but it beats me some of the coding is obvious but there are to many variables that I don't understand so I will park it for a while.

Ole,

Did you find the Xmas tree file I have searched through my old downloads and can't find it, I have about 6 Xmas trees dotted all around the airfield?

Kind Regards

Dave Boreham

I just crashed the T38 at Eindhoven! I managed to download all the files last night thank the Lord for a fast internet connection, I just need to update the files to V4.02 now and I should be sorted my FPS at Eindhoven were around the 20FPS dropping to 18/16 occasionally. The installation was tricky and I am not looking forward to the V4.02 installer faff again, I will try and get it sorted this afternoon.

If in doubt, look at the FAQ on the NL2000 website. I had issues some time ago and went through a world of hurt, when I just should have unticked all modules in the installer, install the new installer and re-tick all modules.

I'll see if i'll put up "my own" adventure up here to fly in the Netherlands online. First the weather should get worse, so I have a legitimate excuse for wife and kids to go fly online on an extended period.

P.S.

Our wives should never meet, EVER! :blink:

For those interested: I intend to fly EAFS - LGIR again tonight using the MilViz T-38. I reckon I can do EAFS - LGKR, or maybe some field less farther, after a refueling going to LGIR. The total trip should take about 2,5 hrs. I'll do it online again, making my own gamespy server (to join me in the air) and using the Aerosoft Teamspeak server for voice.

I think I'll be online from about 17:30 UTC, or 19:30 UTC+2 (Dutch time accounting summer DST).