PAFA Help

ishy1961

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just so far in my post number 17 solution to your problem, I did not get ....!

Here's what Oliver asked user "Chris,"

please make a Zip with the following files and attache it here:

- Scenery.cfg you found in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

- DLL.XML and FSX.CFG you found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry, I do not quite understand English! I use a translator.

Who do I send a file from the collected files and how to do this?

That makes it hard. You need to be able to find the two files noted in my last post, put them in a .zip file and attach them to your message.

Let's see how your translator does with this part.

• Developer

Two thinks look not OK, but I don't know how this could happen, when the original installer is used:

1.) The ASE Modules are not added to the dll.xml. Attached you find a Zip with a dll.xml where I have add it manually, no garanty that the rest is installed correct, so make a backup of your dll.xml bevor.

2.) The order of the scenery for PAFA is wrong, the "Fairbanks X" entry must be move above the "Fairbanks X Terrain without UTA" entry

So, something went wrong while the install here. Did you switch the Orbx stuff to Global (off) in there tool before you install PAFA?

• Upvote 1

• Developer

Fine, don't forget to switch the entries in the library and AES is also not on top of the list, therefor start AEShelp once.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Oliver, you're just the best at figuring out this kind of one-off problem.

It's also a great point for installation (and troubleshooting if not done) that ORBX, if installed, should be returned to FSX default by their control panel. I forgot to do it once, and it created minor (fortunately) issues corrected by removing the newly installed program, resetting the ORBX control panel setting to FSX default and then re-installing the new toy. Reboots as appropriate just for insurance.