PAFA Help

ishy1961

Hi,

Bought both Fairbanks X and Anchorage X today and so far they are both great. However, there seems to be no terminal bldg @ Fairbanks. I have everything maxed out on the settings........

Anyone know what's up?

See screenshot attachedpost-37491-0-90864300-1344647267_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

• Check this link and see if the comment about a bad entry in the .cfg file applies.
  • Did you activate it in Aerosoft launcher? If you're not sure, open the launcher and see what the activation status for Fairbanks is by selecting Fairbanks under scenery.
  • Did you deactivate your antivirus, right click on the installation executable, and choose to "Run as Administrator"?
  • If yes to both, try a remove (through the Windows Control Panel only) and re-install.

Did all of the above, with anti-virus off, even reboot, shut off plugged into the script library scripts, activated 4 times successfully!

In the end, just do all the buildings have disappeared, only to this part, including the main terminal ... what do I do not know :)

In addition attach a file gfg

post-35112-0-78992500-1344659320.jpg

post-35112-0-03419700-1344659360_thumb.j

post-35112-0-58521500-1344659427_thumb.j

post-35112-0-74406200-1344659488_thumb.j

Interchange with Fairbanks at the top;

Aerosoft Add-Ons menu is - after checking the online activation is not active (activated)

All the same: (may need something in a script to register?

Ok,

I checked the Scenery.cfg, no wierd entries. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, cold booted and adjusted dispay settings back and forth and still no joy. The product installs, activates and does everything like it's supposed to, EXCEPT there remains an invisible Terminal Bldg. I am currently re-downloading the installer, which I DOUBT will make any difference but I can't think of anywhere else to go...........

The Anchorage package runs perfectly, so I just don't get it. I'm also wondering why the BeaverX doesn't show up on the installed products menu? The TwotterX does..........

I am not running UTA, and when installed the Airport appears correctly above the Terrain like it should..... There is No Aerosoft entry in the add-ons drop down.

Any More Suggestions, I'm getting a bit aggravated........

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Also just double-triple check that you are installing with full admin rights within Windows as well as in your FSX main folder and fsx.exe as Herman suggested, including as well as having the Windows UAC turned off. Otherwise, just hang in there guys, I'm sure this will be worked out very soon.

Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it, BTW I always install everything as Admin; I don't know any other way.......

I just landed @ PAFA was very NICE...... 'cept for the invis term..... 8-P

Chris

• Developer

Hi,

I would expect, the issues is based on the situation of the localiced FSX Version and primary on the cyrylca fonts in the Title line of the scenery.cfg, which the related modules could not handle correct.

When you have a look to the "aseloadlog.txt" you find in the folder C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Aerosoft\log

that it will end with a line like "#CAseLoad:: Scenery.cfg-Path"

The same issue we have seen with a ORBX installer, which adds cryptic letters to a Title Line of one entry, so the modules blocks there too.

Give Maria time until see is back in the office tomorrow, Thorsten has forwarded the files to her, so she can find a solution here.

Good Morning Oliver,

Thanks for the pointers. I don't have an "aseloadlog.txt" file anywhere on the machine, neither is there an Aerosoft Folder under C:\Users\AppData\Local\, so now I'm really wondering...........

BTW I do have several Orbx products installed and I really enjoy them!

I'm still thinking that this is a minor Gork, given the fact tha PANC works really well........... I don't seem to have all the grouns traffic etc, Do I need to install AES for that?

No worries, I appreciate the dilligence to fix this in advance and will wait.....

Thanks Again

Chris

• Developer

Hi Chris,

please make a Zip with the following files and attache it here:

- Scenery.cfg you found in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

- DLL.XML and FSX.CFG you found in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

I'm going to try another uninstall/reinstall as I see the scenery.cfg is dated 2007........

I've now given fsx.exe full control under my username and as admin (which I am) which already was in there

Worth a try will let you know.....

Thanks again...

CRH

• Developer

The scenery.cfg you add seams to be from the wrong directory, not from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

But, the primary problem is a format error in the dll.xml, which seams to be generate by the FSRecorder you installed sometimes before.

In the attached ZIP you find a corrected version, make a backup from yours and replace it with the file in the Zip.

When the FSX starts, you will get trust messages which you all anwser with YES, then all will work fine I expect.

Duh,

Just realised I sent the wrong Scenery.cfg.. Sorry.

I can uninstall FSRecorder as I don't ever use it anyways..........

I'll wait as I just finished the fresh install/activate...........

I'll swap out the Dll and let you know

THANKS!

Chris

Oliver,

You Sir are a GENIUS............. Salute & Handshake!

I might have to buy AES now! All the traffic & stuff is working too! WOW......!!!!

THANK YOU SIR!

post-37491-0-40947700-1344781377_thumb.j

• Deputy Sheriffs

Egordushka, I suggest the same advice Oliver gave Chris in post #17. Oliver most like nailed the problem with the non-latin font your localized Windows uses.

Oliver, please accept my apology, if I wrote out of line here by offering your assistance.