Duplicate layer (Prios) detected in Scenery.cfg

WebMaximus

Just bought, downloaded and installed Heraklion X and Sharm El-Sheikh and when I launched AES to add credits to these new airports I got an error message saying

AESHelp has detected following Error(s) in the Scenery.cfg:

- duplicate Layer (Prios)

Should AESHelp correct the Library, otherwise you could have Scenery display problems in FS?

Guess simply choosing 'Yes' to this question will solve the problem whatever it is causing it but thought I would ask in here before I do so.

Thanks in advance for any help/input guys!

• Developer

Yes, let AES fix it, otherwise it could happen, that one of the Sceneries is not display in the FS.

AESHelp will check each time started, if there are two different entries, which have the same number in the "Layer=" line, which should not be.

Same it is doing with the index numbers of the [Area.???].

In both no dublicated entries should be in the scenery.cfg

And it also checks, if there are more then one Entry pointing to the same Path (behind Local=) and reports that.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Any idea what might be causing this? I don't in any way doubt Oliver is clever ;) was just thinking if I have two layers covering the same area how will AES know which one is the "best" or "correct" layer to keep? Prios sounds greek to me so I guess it's part of the new Heraklion scenery...?

So...I answered 'Yes' to the question if AESHelp should correct the scenery problem detected and also to the next question if AES should put itself at the top of the scenery list but when I went to activate the new sceneries (Sharm El-Sheikh and Heraklion) I could only find Sharm El-Sheikh, Heraklion for some reason is not in the list of installed sceneries although it indeed is installed. I also tried uninstalling the Heraklion scenery and then re-install it but AES still won't consider it to be installed.

Any idea what went wrong? I hope there's an easy fix because I'm really looking forward to fly this scenery but I want AES to work before I fly there.