Checking out Flightbeams KSFO

Hey guys,

Just a few hours ago, i bought Flightbeams KSFO (sry aerosoft, i bought it directly at the developers page as i wanted to have it as from right now.. The box version would have caused 1 day delay :D )

Now i was testing this beauty and it is simply stunning. As always, i did my "walkaround" with the default trike, as it it slow, and you can reach every spot at the airport.

I always thought i would never buy this scenery, but now that i bought it, i think it is one of the best scenerys for FS out there. The level of detail (especially at the jetways) is simply amazing. I´ve never seen something like this before, and there is almost no impact on frames.

Now here are two little pictures of this great airport addon (which is available here at Aerosoft ;) )

2012-8-9_15-4-27-110eruds.jpg

This here shows how perfect the jetways are modelled. Even the inner door (which closes the gangway if it is not docked at the aircraft) is modelled in a very high level of detail. On the whole airport, you can see many different types of jetways (5 if i remember correctly).

Another great thing about this scenery is the ground texture, on which the airport is based, as the resolution is pretty high. So it looks great, when you are taxiing AND when you are flying above it :)

2012-8-9_15-6-23-674giu28.jpgTogether with AES 2.24, and the soon to be released Airbus X Extended in United colors, i will fly to San Francisco quite often i guess :)

Hope you like this pictures, i can really say, this scenery is worth the money, and .... well :D IT´S KSFO :D

• Upvote 1

Guest cptawsom

Could you do me a favor?

The next time you do a flight there, make a CAT-III autoland (up to 0 radar altimeter, with rollout & flare) with FSX's crash-detection on, on runway 28L, and with one of the following planes:

1. PMDG MD-11

2. PMDG 747-400X

(NGX will not do)

And tell me what happens.

Do you have a normal touchdown?

Could you do me a favor?

The next time you a flight there, make a CAT-III autoland (up to 0 radar altimeter, with rollout & flare) with FSX's crash-detection on, on runway 28R, and with one of the following planes:

1. PMDG MD-11

2. PMDG 747-400X

(NGX will not do)

And tell me what happens.

Do you have a normal touchdown?

I have the airport and from what I remember, it doesn't support the "Detect Crash" feature. I'm not sure if they changed that with the updates they've made in the past.

• Aerosoft

I have the airport and from what I remember, it doesn't support the "Detect Crash" feature. I'm not sure if they changed that with the updates they've made in the past.

I never understood why they did not remove the crash detect boxes. It really saves FPS. Next time I meet them I'll ask.

• Upvote 1

Guest cptawsom

You mean that Crash Detection has to be disabled, right?

Is that mentioned in the manual? I don't remember. I'll have to check.

Also I'll have to check their forums whether they've made any updates after I bought it (about 2.5 months ago).

The funny thing is, that I have a crash on autoland with an 747 and an MD-11 (always on 28R), but not with a 737 (even the larger-longer one the -900). My guess is it may have to do with the size and length of the aircraft as this determines its powest point when in an approach. If I flew the approach manually with the 747/MD-11 and did it a little high on purpose (touchdown some distance after the threshold so that I have at least an altitude of 100-150ft at the threshold) I didn't have that problem.

You mean that Crash Detection has to be disabled, right?

Also I'll have to check their forums whether they've made any updates after I bought it (about 2.5 months ago).

The funny thing is, that I have a crash on autoland with an 747 and an MD-11 (always on 28R), but not with a 737 (even the larger-longer one the -900). My guess is it may have to do with the size and length of the aircraft as this determines its powest point when in an approach. If I flew the approach manually with the 747/MD-11 and did it a little high on purpose (touchdown some distance after the threshold so that I have at least an altitude of 100-150ft at the threshold) I didn't have that problem.

Correct, I have to have it disabled whenever I fly into KSFO because as soon as wheels touch down, if I remember correctly, the sim would crash or something of that sort. I can't remember because last time it happened was when they first released it.

I always have crash detection disabled.. but i will try it for sure in the next days. But i guess they never solved this problem in an update.

Guest cptawsom

For the record:

1. I have v2.0 and just checked their forums. There is no later update.

2. Also just checked the manual. Doesn't mention anything about crash-detection.

Guest cptawsom

I never understood why they did not remove the crash detect boxes. It really saves FPS. Next time I meet them I'll ask.

Mathijs, I do not understand what you are saying.

I just tried it under different conditions.

Manual landing 747, came in a bit high--> No problem

Autoland, perfectly on the marks--> Crash

MD11--> Same story

NGX -->manually, a bit low--> nothing....

No idea what is going on there, but i am alwqlays flying with crash disabled because of the AES-Light cars on airports. Sometimes they just drive through my engines :D And also it is not really cool, if you are online flying, finished cockpit preparations, and suddenly someone logs in at the same gate you are standing at.... Simply leave crash detection of and that's it.

Nevertheless it is one of the coolest airports i've ever been flying to...

Guest cptawsom

I just tried it under different conditions.

Manual landing 747, came in a bit high--> No problem

Autoland, perfectly on the marks--> Crash

MD11--> Same story

NGX -->manually, a bit low--> nothing....

As I thought.

The same happens here.

If you do an autoland, even with the longest NGX (the -900), I bet it will be done normally.

But with longer planes like MD-11 and 747-400, autolands are no go.

Anyway, thanks a lot for trying these out.

Already checke it out :) I heard it will come in the next weeks.

But mhmmmm... i think for me it is not worth to buy it since i hav never flown to KPHX..... If i fly to the US, i always fly to KJFK or KSFO.... mhmmm let's see. Anyways, the pictures are already looking fantastic!