Saarbruecken X preview (topic closed, product released)

Wow thank you :) Sent! :)

Flying Fish,

Mathijs said, they are just starting this project, i think the will change a lot of things in the designing process :)

Fantastic!

Will you also do the nearby Zweibrücken airport? Those two are often called in one sentence, Saarbrücken and Zweibrücken. About the same size, similar name and location, you can say they're sister airports.

Back in the days of FS2004 it always bothered me that only one of those airports was represented. For the other one I had to use a freeware scenery. I don't remember wich was Aerosoft and wich was freeware since I still keep mixing them up.

Nice detail about those names for those who don't speak German. Saarbrücken means bridge over the Saar (the Saar is a river) and Zweibrücken means two bridges. But those two bridges also cross the Saar.

• Aerosoft

Fantastic!

Will you also do the nearby Zweibrücken airport? Those two are often called in one sentence, Saarbrücken and Zweibrücken. About the same size, similar name and location, you can say they're sister airports.

Back in the days of FS2004 it always bothered me that only one of those airports was represented. For the other one I had to use a freeware scenery. I don't remember wich was Aerosoft and wich was freeware since I still keep mixing them up.

Nice detail about those names for those who don't speak German. Saarbrücken means bridge over the Saar (the Saar is a river) and Zweibrücken means two bridges. But those two bridges also cross the Saar.

For now it is only Saarbruecken.

I also miss the terrain caracteristics on this image. In Saarbruecken, the beginning of the runway 09 is constructed upon an artificial accumulation, because there is (was) a valley.

So now, the Terrain drops immediatly to the left and to the right at the beginning of the Runway 09.

About 1-2 Meters? More?

Also at the beginning of runway 27, the Terrain drops. The street you created in front of RWY 27 is located some metres below the runway level and rises up to the Airport.

Do you mean the Flughafenstraße at the north of Ensheim? Or the "L108" (crossing Balthasar-Goldstein-Straße) until "L107" on the way to Mandelbachtal?

Thank you for your information.

Ok i will cut the lawn.

Not decided but I do not think the chance is very high. It's getting harder and harder to get enough customers for that.

-here would be one potential customer! This is very disappointing to hear! Don't you think that you will achieve enough sales for this remade Fs9 GA-series airport allone within Germany?

I really don't like the discussions about Fs9 users saying they are neglected, and I do not support such posts. I would like to stay an Aerosoft customer, but as I'm using Fs9 solely, you leave me no choice!

Regards

EDDM

It looks great, but I always use the FS9... I think, the problem is, that designers develop their products just for FSX and so more and more useres have to turn on FSX, if they wish to fly with the newest sceneries (for example), but are they all happy with the FSX? I've got a good PC but all at all I prefer my old FS9, because the frames in FSX are often very bad and it often crashes during flights.

So I think the developers are responisble for the future of the FS, which is used by the community.

With kind regards,

Felix

I think that's one of the reasons users switch to FSX, but not the only reason. Therefor you can't fully blame it on the developers, there also are people who change to FSX for other reasons. And if you tweak it, it's even reasonably steady and fps-friendly.

Besides, to the developers it doesn't matter wether users are happy with a certain platform. They just measure the number of copies they can sell for it, and it remains a fact that they can sell far more copies for FSX than for FS9.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Right, Patrick. It's not how many users there are, it's how many buyers, and Mathijs has repeatedly made this point. There are just too few buyers these days for FS9 to cover the costs in most cases.

• Aerosoft

Gents we are NOT going to go in the whole FSX versus FS2004 discussion here. We will do FS2004 products if we think we can sell enough and that is all I can say about that. Topic closed, further comments on that will be removed.

Sorry but it is very tiresome to repeat the same discussion in every preview topic.

Archived