MA Paris Charles de Gaulle: PAPI lights and ILS glideslope out of alignment?

Hi there,

I'm having the exact same problem regarding the PAPI lights as the user in this thread:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/47948-PAPI-Problem-at-LFPG-FSX-+-runway-"bumpy"-on-the-displaced-threshold

Landing on runway 26R, after switching from ILS to visual I realized the PAPI showing me way too low. Instinctively, I tried to correct, but somehow it "felt funny". Glancing down at the PFD I see that I'm actually too high as far as the G/S is concerned. Eventually, I was aiming at the runway markings and touched down correctly, but I must admit I was a little confused at first. Anyone else see this? See attached picture for reference.

post-70858-1344421842247_thumb.jpg

Thanks & regards

Oli

Oliver Branaschky

I see you're in a 737. The PAPI's at CDG if they are set like the real airport are designed to look correct for the eye height of a larger aircraft. It's quite common when transitioning to visual for the PAPI's to show Low in smaller aircraft. Could that be the case here?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...