African Cities

HowardWalsh

Why aren't there any great scenerys for anywhere in Sub-Saharan Africa? The

only payware scenerys for africa ( 3 in counting ) are OrientalSim Nairobi and some crappy Cape-Town one not worth paying for.

Of course we can now count Sharm El Sheikh (awesome btw ), although its more in the middle east, and also Monastir, again in the north.

There are so many beautiful and large cities in Sub Sahara with large airports, such as:

Dar-Es-Salaam ( Tanzania ) - HTDO - Julius Nyerere int'l

Jo'Burg ( South Africa )

Nairobi ( Kenya ) The OrientalSim one sucks.

Lagos ( Nigeria )

Addis Ababa ( Ethiopia ) and many more

One place im particularly into is Tanzania. they have many amazing tourist thenominoms and attract alot of high class tourists from allover the world. the things they go for are:

The Serengeti ( safari )

NgoroNgoro Crater ( sightseeing )

Kilimanjaro (tallest stand-alone mountain on earth)

Zanzibar (paradise-like tropical islands)

Ilulu (oldest settlement on earth)

Tanzania, in percentage of its populations terms, is the fastest growing nation in the world, with an expected trtippling of people by 2050, meaning there will be a boom, development in the country, politically and economically will increase, whilst poverty too will increase.

It has amazing sceneries, and i hope that someone soon see's this huge gap in the flight-sim scenery market and starts putting africa on the map. Don't know about all you, but i wish someone would make us a decent africa scenery.

Also, absolutely LOVE the Sharm-El-Sheikh scenery, would be incredible if that middle eastern - north africa area got a few more, i hear FlyTampa is looking into that, Doha, Cairo, Jeddah, Amman and i think Tel-Aviv are being looked at by others too such as those guys who just released Muscat as their first in the Arabian-Airports series.

so overrall - PLEASE BUILD SCENERY FOR HTDA ( Dar-Es-Salaam ) AND OPEN UP THE MARKET FOR SUB-SAHARAN AIRPORT AND CITY SCENERYS, WE NEEEEED THEM!!

• Upvote 1

I guess there's an easy answer to that question: it's not economically interesting. Altough Africa is beautiful, most people over there live in poorness. Mostly they don't even own a computer, let alone Flight Simulator. They just don't have the money for it. And the largest market for a scenery is always the area where the airport is located, but with African airports that market is so limited that they just won't sell enough copies to make it profitable.

That is different with the North African airports that handle lots of European tourists. Those tourists want to have the airports they have been to on holiday. But only very little tourists travel more south than the Sahara.

No, from an economic point of view it's better to develop sceneries for rich countries where people do have the money to buy their home scenery and eventually some airports surrounding it or some holiday destinations they have been to. That sells a lot better.

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

Beside the economical aspect, there is something else you should keep in mind:

To do a high quality scenery, you must have full access to the airport to make thousands of picture of the buildings, the equipment etc. And this is nearly immpossible in most cases.

And even if so, you need somebody to go there to make those pictures. And this can not be done by a tourist shooting some silly pictures through a window.

And not to forget the high costs for high quality aerial images of the airport, if available at all.

In Africa shooting pictures at the airport itself shouldn't be that hard. No matter how strict the rules are, if you give the security guys a bribe they simply look the other way. Aerial images are harder to get tough. And on top of that, there's still the economical aspect. Technically it sure is possible, but is it profitable?

Some alternative destinations, such as african airports, really would be nice. Flying european and american hubs and airports over and over again gets boring time to time, and Africa could be a nice continent to discover. But I admit that it wouldn't sell as good as 'traditional' products..