AI problems

SkyRay96

Not everyone will want to populate this airfield with a few more AI aircraft but I for one like to have a few more interesting aircraft departing and arriving.

Unfortuneately, because the Glider field has been included within the main field and has parking spots within the glider area, FSX will sometimes try to get landing AI to park in these spots. This seems to be decided at the instant of touchdown. So if FSX has decided to use a glider field spot for the landing aircraft, it disappears from the runway instantly and pops up on the allocated parking spot. Similarly once on this spot and it wants to depart, it just disappears at the time of start up. There either needs to be taxi capability between the main runway and the glider field spots or better still of course the glider field should become a separate BGL file so that the parking spots are only used in the correct way.

I can only imagine that a limited amount of Beta testing across a wide range of potential users was carried out. I would expect this sort of thing would have been noticed if a more widespread set of testing had been carried out.

Incidentally, when is a Control Tower going to appear - there are voices coming over the ATC but where are these people sitting and looking out over the airfields?

Of course I may be alone in wanting to use AI and use the FSX ATC etc but I doubt it. Andras Field has been given a good rating in various areas of the Press but surely a bit of time should be given to making all these improvements so that all users can be happy.

I think you will find that the philosophy behind Andras Field is that it is a community field, that is, it is for people to use online where they can see each other. I suspect AI was quite low down the list of priorities.

OK fair enough if that was the main principal. But this is advertised as an Addon for FSX in the first instance and yet the some of the main design principles behind FSX design have been ignored. No warnings are given that this layout may not suit those who are getting it just to use in the normal way - let us be honest it does have some appealing features built into the design. It would have made no difference if the normal criteria had been stuck to - the community on-line use would have been just as effective. If ai was not given much thought then why is an elemant of AI included in the supplied files? These poor aircraft suffer the indignity of having to park on the glider field at times. I will just have to reduce the size of the parking spots on the glider field to prevent ANY aircraft from trying to park there. Ho hum.