Reviewers wanted

Do we have to review about our own products or do we get some products free to review? :)

Hey d-aish,

I'm not 100% sure if I understand your sentence, but review titles are offered for free, in turn we would like a nice and objective review. The review title could be from any publisher/developer. Not necessarily Aerosoft!

Hope this answers your question.

• Upvote 1

Guest cptawsom

What if the review is objective (ie -> not-biased), but not so "nice" -> it gives more negative points, than positive?

Do you have the right to skip an offered product and not write a review on it? For example if it's a product that doesn't match your interests. Personally I'm only interested in flight simming so if I get an offer to write a review on a train sim product for example I'd probably refuse.

How often would we be called upon to write a review, and would there be any deadline for completing one? I might be interested, but I have college classes starting back on August 20. I'm not sure how easily I could juggle college assignments and product reviews.

• Upvote 1

Do you have the right to skip an offered product and not write a review on it? For example if it's a product that doesn't match your interests. Personally I'm only interested in flight simming so if I get an offer to write a review on a train sim product for example I'd probably refuse.

Hi Patrick,

It works slightly differnet. Reviewers can choose from a Reviewers Bidding List. The list offers all kind of sim add-ons. This is not necessarely flight sim, but train, bus, sail, underground etc. And suppose there's somethnig you would like to review, but not on the list, you can always ask me if that's possible.

I hope this answers you questions. If not, let me know.

How often would we be called upon to write a review, and would there be any deadline for completing one? I might be interested, but I have college classes starting back on August 20. I'm not sure how easily I could juggle college assignments and product reviews.

Hi,

Basically, one reivew per month! However, when for some reason it takes longer, then that's never a problem as long as I've been informed about the delay. It should be noted that it should not happen on a regular base. No, your free to look on ourt Bidding List and choose from that one, so htere's nobody asking you what you're gonig to do next.

Does this answer your questions?

If so, take the challenge!

What if the review is objective (ie -> not-biased), but not so "nice" -> it gives more negative points, than positive?

What Mathijs already said, it could be that the products does have some glitches. That's always possible.

And in my opinion, a review should be for 100% objective. Not always easy, but beleive me, it's possible. And that could lead to problems, but problems are there to solve. Solving means you need in that case to contact the developer/publisher and tell him about your problems, glitches or whatever you want to call them. Based on own experience, the dev is interested in this and mostly followed by a SP.

That said, a reivew should, as far as possible, always be reviewed with the latest software version. And yes, it could be that you stick to personal feelings like you don't like the way the manual is set-up, but then you also need to explain why this is and so on.

Roughly how many words would you expect for a review?

Hi,

It depends on the review title, but in general 2000 words or more.

We also have mini reviews and those are roughly 1000-1250 words. But even more important ... although we have a minimum of words, it's primarily the quality of the review and not the quantity of words :)

In that case I'd strongly suggest a peer review procedure. The quality of the good-intentioned-yet-shabbily-worded-and-scandalously-under-informative reviews littering simulation sites suggests it actually isn't a place for well-meaning yet basically ignorant and grammatically-challenged amateurs.

If I were a manufacturer forced to read some of the risible writings of individuals who can barely spell their name much less provide erudite and informed comment that edifies the readership, I'd probably not want a right of reply, I'd want their self-opinionated disinteresting drivel rammed down their throats, preferably after being nailed to a tree. Including the trunk...

I'll happily review the reviewers. :mallet_s:

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

are there reviews for paid products only, or for free ones as well?

As with my almost non-existent disposable income ATM, I can not justify buying sceneries when there are so many free ones out there (likes of FreeZ, LH Simulations, NL2000), and since most Aerosoft aircraft are out of my range of interest, I am not an Aerosoft customer, nor I frequent the forums.

With that in mind, I dont feel I should be getting payware products for free to review, but I would like to give it a shot - is it possible to apply for free stuff (and then maybe move on to payware, when both parties feel it is worth it)?

I just read this topic . I would be glad to do some reviews for ASN (english/german). Who do i have to contact ?

EDIT: Disregard, i saw the e-mail adress ;)