Newcomer finding problems

SkyRay96

Just bought the latest version of Andras Field as it looked so interesting. I am hoping to use it for my own personal AI Air Freight base by setting up the necessary AI flight plans to send aircraft all over Europe whilst I also fly around as necessary. Having got it and installed in my FSX SP2 set up I am still hoping to be able to do this. However, I have found some interesting problems - forgive me as a newcomer if these topics have already been raised but I haven't found similar things when looking thro the Forums.

EAFW

When I start an Aerosoft Beaver X (floatplane or amphibian) at the dock parking positions at EAFW, the planes are very low in the water ( at no. 2 the water is half way up the fuselage). Only by 'Slewing' out into the middle of the lake do the aircraft sit properly on their floats and are able to taxi out. When taxi-ing in after landing this problem does not seem to exist. Does anyone hasve any suggestions?

EAFS

Taxiway B is unusable when populating the apron with AI aircraft as arriving and departing AI aircraft taxi straight through other parked planes - not very pretty. Why cannot the taxi paths to the parking spots be done in the 'normal' apron manner (T'eed off from taxiway A would be the standard method)? I do it all the time on other airports when I upgrade them.

Why are the parking spots not grouped together in numerical sets rather than have them dotted about without any sense of order? I am going to try re-arranging them and adding others but at the moment I am not sure how the 'T' apron markings have been put into the layout.

Supplied AI flightplans

The one for EAFW is a Floatplane Beaver that goes to EDCY which is an airport with both a grass runway and water runways on an adjacent lake. Has anyone seen this flight work properly?

Some of the AI flight for EAFS go to local airfields that do not have any parking in the default FSX setup which is a bit silly considering htere are plenty of usable airfileds wirh parking.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Andras Field. In answer to your questions:

EAFW

Ive never seen on heard of this happening and have just tested in both P3D and FSX and do no see this behaviour. I can only assume that you must have another addon installed that is having this adverse effect.

EAFS

Unfortunately that is how the developer has created the addon. Adding too many parking spaces has an adverse effect on performance. As for the taxi way again thats how the developer has created Andras Field.

The supplied AI flight plan I cant help you, Im not in the habit of sitting and watching AI, Id much rather be flying.

Thanks for your reply Matt.

I wish I had a pound/euro for every answer I have seen on forums that suggests that another addon is causing an effect.

Just so that you have more info about EAFW, I have now tried floatplanes on all 5 parking spots and only spots 1, 4 & 5 have a plane clearly 'floating' ie bobbing up and down. When I try an amphibian again the same spots are OK and even the wheels are in the raised positions (FSX is very clever) but in spots 2 & 3 the floats are under water and the plane is clearly not floating. This is all very ODD!

Strangely, I cannot create the same faulty situations at any other water base around the world - they all exhibit the proper 'float' - even the close-by water base at EDCY! So we still don't understand where the problem is coming from. Does the 'ground/shoreline' shelve at a low angle or is it a vertical drop? In other words could the planes at 2 & 3 be thinking that they have 'ground only just below the water level? Only the layout designer could answer this.

As for AI aircraft I too am only too happy to be flying around but at the same time I like to interact with other planes taking off, landing etc. even though some of the AI manoeuvres can be a bit odd. What I don't want to see is an AI aircraft approach an airfield, land and then instantly disappear. If AI files are to be supplied with Andras Field then they could at least do a decent job.

Pity about the apron layout but if that is what suits everybody else I will have to make the best of it.

Just to reitterate the supposed issues you have with with parking spots for EAFW. I have tested on 2 seperate machines one with FSX the other with Perpar3D. Both clean installs with only Andras Field and Aerosoft Bush Hawk XP installed. In all 5 of the parking spots the aircraft clearly bobs up and down as if it is floating. So I can only surmise that your very odd problem is unique to your system as no-one else has ever mentioned this. My suggestion to you, disable other addons you have installed that are local to Andras Field see if that resolves the problem. If not you will have to start looking at addons further afield, as Im sure you are well are, addons 100s of miles away have been know to cause issues with other addons.