August screenshot competition (winner announced)

Guest cptawsom

I have a very good idea for a very specific shot, but having no EZDOC (or something equivalent), I will need to open an aircraft door at high altitude.

Does the - for example - PMDG NGX allow it? Will I have some time before a crash is detected? And will the plane be fairly stable for me, to take the shot? So, does FSX simulate a rapid decompression, or not?

I suspect no to all, but I would like your ideas as well.

PS: What if I deliberately do NOT pressurize the cabin, before take off? I know that the plane flies normally (tried it), with just a failure, a siren, and a lit master-caution.

I have a very good idea for a very specific shot, but having no EZDOC (or something equivalent), I will need to open an aircraft door at high altitude.

Does the - for example - PMDG NGX allow it? Will I have some time before a crash is detected? And will the plane be fairly stable for me, to take the shot? So, does FSX simulate a rapid decompression, or not?

PS: What if I deliberately do NOT pressurize the cabin, before take off? I know that the plane flies normally (tried it), with just a failure, a siren, and a lit master-caution.

None of that will happen, unless you fly with Crash Detected. The NGX will fly normally. I have done it before on a flight from KLAX->KMCO... got pretty boring just sitting at cruise so I tried some things out.

• Aerosoft

None of that will happen, unless you fly with Crash Detected. The NGX will fly normally. I have done it before on a flight from KLAX->KMCO... got pretty boring just sitting at cruise so I tried some things out.

It does? The Airbus X Extended will prevent the doors from being opened (as it should).

• Upvote 1

It does? The Airbus X Extended will prevent the doors from being opened (as it should).

It does. I was messing with the overwing exits on the ground once and left the left side open, took off, and on climbout noticed the caution light on the overhead on, was like "whoops!", then saw if I recycled them again if they would stay closed or re-close, but they stayed open until I closed them. On their J41 though they have it modeled that if the engines are on the doors will open, but immediately close back up again.

Guest cptawsom

Of course I fly with crash detection.

But being a simmer, the obvious never crossed my mind -> disable crash detection just for the short flight to take the shot.

Bond causally taxied up to Scaramanga's tropical hide-out.

bond.jpg

Soon he will introduce himself to the man with the golden gun; "My name is Bond, James Bond."

Here is the real thing.....

• Upvote 2

Yes it is. And it is in the paint job of the real Seabee Roger Moore used as James Bond in the Man with the Golden Gun.

Sadly Phi Phi Island (where it was filmed) default scenery is not that good in FSX even with GEX Tropics installed - yes I went to the trouble to fly there! Could this be an idea for for a new Areosoft Product?

Great Theme!

I'm a absolute 007-Fan, have every movie as a DVD in the shelf here next to my PC and here's my picture for this month:

James is ready for jumping out of the C130 as seen in "The Living Daylights"

Well, it's not Gibraltar, but the airplane is the right one :D

post-32154-0-79843900-1344259628_thumb.j

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Great Theme!

I'm a absolute 007-Fan, have every movie as a DVD in the shelf here next to my PC and here's my picture for this month:

Clever, very clever. If I give you Gibraltar X as a gift will you redo it?

• Upvote 2

Guest cptawsom

Great Theme!

That's exactly the idea I had several days ago:

Although I was planning to do it (I may still do it, if I'm not bored, as it takes a lot of time and effort to set up the shot), not with a C-130 (as I don't have one), but from a rear door of a PMDG 737. But I would have put (Aerosoft's) Gibraltar (X) as I have it.