AES 2.24?

when I will follow everything in my list, AES 2.24 is ready next year

Yes, I know, you are right. I just felt I was so close to finally having having EPKT done after two years of hope.

Anyway, sorry for being a pain, and once again congrats on the great impressive list of airports to come (the longest one I remember!).

Folks will be shocked when they see it.

Hello,

I just wanna say great list of airports for AES 2.24, I see Mr.Pabst has been quite busy since the last release. I hate to beat a dead horse as it where but thought I would ask. Has AMS Cancun or fs9/FSX been omitted due to their not sending the necessary files needed for AES? I tried reaching out to them but to no avail. Pity, it's a great recreation of that airport. Once again, sorry if I'm being annoying, but you won't know unless you ask right?

Regards

Z.Lucas

This is a big one for me as well. I think AMS is working on an updated ADE so they maybe they didn't submit the files. One of my problems with the scenery is that it didn't update any of the approach data so you can't use the GPS or default ATC. Its odd, I am pretty sure their FS9 version indicated that AES support was planned on their Simmarket product page. Looking at it now, it appears that neither of them mention AES support now. It doesn't mean it isn't going to happen but I wonder why they changed their product page.

• Developer
This is a big one for me as well. I think AMS is working on an updated ADE so they maybe they didn't submit the files. One of my problems with the scenery is that it didn't update any of the approach data so you can't use the GPS or default ATC. Its odd, I am pretty sure their FS9 version indicated that AES support was planned on their Simmarket product page. Looking at it now, it appears that neither of them mention AES support now. It doesn't mean it isn't going to happen but I wonder why they changed their product page.

Simmarket is instructed to remove any AES statements done by the developers without any aggreement. Some developers try to sell more with the AES statement, even when we never had any contact and so it could happen that user by it and never get AES, that's not fair.

PS: the gps approach problem mostly happens, when the Afcad is done via ADE and the developer don't use the "copy stock approaches" feature. ADE adds by default the delete approaches tag with True, so they are gone when not added in the addon afcad.

Thanks for this impressive airport list Oliver. Despite the new airports will there also be any changes to the AES functions itself?

May I also ask if you have heard anything from Jonathan Gabbert? Some months ago he announced an update for his CYVR scenery, for which he also wanted to contact you to get AES support, but hasn't been seen for some months.

• Developer

Hi Nicolas,

the features will not change, only minor bug fixes, like the non opening window, when using a unconfigured aircraft.

The problem is, that i habe only very spare time for developing this year, my normal business and several trip will block me very much.

To make complex changes, it is important to have same days full time to work on that, otherwise you will get in touble.

Airports can be interupted after each gate, so you can do it in all the small breaks you have.

Beside that, some scenery projects needed and needs my help for runwaylights and AESlite traffic and i don't want to be the reason for a release delay. So may week has 7 working days 12 hours each, but thats not enough :)

Hi Nicolas,

the features will not change, only minor bug fixes, like the non opening window, when using a unconfigured aircraft.

The problem is, that i habe only very spare time for developing this year, my normal business and several trip will block me very much.

To make complex changes, it is important to have same days full time to work on that, otherwise you will get in touble.

Airports can be interupted after each gate, so you can do it in all the small breaks you have.

Beside that, some scenery projects needed and needs my help for runwaylights and AESlite traffic and i don't want to be the reason for a release delay. So may week has 7 working days 12 hours each, but thats not enough :)

But are you the only person working on AES? you must get some help :-)

Simmarket is instructed to remove any AES statements done by the developers without any aggreement. Some developers try to sell more with the AES statement, even when we never had any contact and so it could happen that user by it and never get AES, that's not fair.

PS: the gps approach problem mostly happens, when the Afcad is done via ADE and the developer don't use the "copy stock approaches" feature. ADE adds by default the delete approaches tag with True, so they are gone when not added in the addon afcad.

Thanks for the Simmarket info. That makes sense.

Yes, I have had to go in to many ADE files and add stock data. I have had problems with most developers at one point or another. The main problem with Cancun is a new runway was added and the old runway changed it designation so there wasn't any usable stock data to load.

Are you willing to share whether AMS has been in contact with you?

Either way, thank you for the fantastic update!

[quote name='duckbilled' timestamp='134420321

0' post='393496']

Thanks for the Simmarket info. That makes sense.

Yes, I have had to go in to many ADE files and add stock data. I have had problems with most developers at one point or another. The main problem with Cancun is a new runway was added and the old runway changed it designation so there wasn't any usable stock data to load.

Are you willing to share whether AMS has been in contact with you?

Either way, thank you for the fantastic update!

Hello,

Well Mr. Duckbilled since there was no confirmation or reply from Mr.Oliver in regards to AMS Cancun and being that AES 2.24 is allegedly a few days away, I guess it's safe to assume we won't have AES at that airport. Still, I can't complain as the list of airports for 2.24 is impressive and long. Though I personally will only be activating credits for 4 airports being offered. Cancun was sought after by me because we go there every other year and the scenery really captures the airport. I do suspect however that AMS the company, is the reason why it has not received the Oliver treatment. Such is life.

Regards from KEWR

Z.Lucas

We go there every year as well and have been doing so for several years. We really needed new scenery for the area and we got Cozumel, Cancun and Isla Mujeres within a month. I imagine AMS will send something at some point but their development process is painfully slow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can somebody help me please? I have TNCA2012 (tropical sim) installed and it is activated but not showing up in the aes 2.;24 list. What am I missing? PS - I use both fs9 and fsx and neither have it showing in AES and they're both activated in the scenery library. I even tried the "sync repair" utility to no avail.

Regards,

Bill

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can somebody help me please? I have TNCA2012 (tropical sim) installed and it is activated but not showing up in the aes 2.;24 list. What am I missing? PS - I use both fs9 and fsx and neither have it showing in AES and they're both activated in the scenery library. I even tried the "sync repair" utility to no avail.

Regards,

Bill

Bill, this should be asked as a separate question, and not added to a barely related discussion. Doing so reduces your chance of an answer, because folks won't be looking in this thread for your sort of issue.

As a starter for you, did you look here (see number 6) or on the other pinned topics?

Archived