DA-20 Katana X v2.0 - opaque VC when raining...

jcomm

I have just installed the DA-20 Katana X download version, on FSX Golden Edition (which includes Acceleration and is fully patched).

The installer version is v2.00.

When in the VC and raining, the canopy becomes opaque.

I believe the update available at my account with SP2 is already included in the v2.00 installer (?)

Is there a fix for this rather annoying bug?

Thx in advance

Turn off your DX10 preview if on.

It is off, but thx anyway fro the hint ;-)

I did enable it (DX10 preview) yesterday. after installing FSX Golden, but then disabled it again, unless something got stuck in the CFG file (?). Where in the CFG files can I see the DX10 setting just to make sure it is off?

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are talking about the old version (which is not compatible with the AccPack), not the latest version that is available at the Aerosoft shop. So you have 2 ways to solve the problem:

- try the rainfix

- get the update with a discount on the download version as a owner of the old version. Details how to obtain it can be found in the aerosoft shop

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ah, you mean that only the Katana 4x is compatible with AccPack? Thx for the "rainfix" ;-)

Correct, but I would strongly recommend you to upgrade to the new version. Never had so much fun with an aircraft. It will simply not work properly as long as you don't treat it like a real aircraft!

Check the featurelist, read the manual, available on the product page, and you know what I mean!

Ok, again thank you Otto and Herman for your prompt and helpful replies :-)

I also installed the Twin Otter X, and that one doesn't suffer from the same problem, but I am aware that an "Extended" version is also in the works :-)

Just a follow up...

Flight1's fix didn't work - My Katana X still has opaque canopy when it's raining :-(

I accepted the install of FSX Gold into the default C:\Programs(x86) folder, in windows 7. I wonder if this was one of my big mistakes (?). Have meanwhile seen recommendations of an install to something like C:\FSX instead to escape the effects of UAC ?

• Deputy Sheriffs

It is correct, that installing FSX and its addons in the default location is not a good idea due to how Win7 handles this folder regarding access rights. The following is recommend:

1. Install in any other folder like c:\fsx or even better on a sepaate disk if available

2. Install and run everything as Administrator

3. Turn off UAC (User access control) in your system security settings

But in your case this shouldn't be the problem.

My advice is, invest in an upgrade for the new Katana, you want regret it!

Ok guys, again thanks a lot for all you support! I'll report back after trying the ""run as Admin"... This worked for the Katana Load & config app which wasn't doing anything unless run as admin...

And yes, I intend to get the 4X version :-) as well as the TO Extended ;-)