Mountain Scenery...

petermcleland

You can have a pretty adventurous time in this magnificent scenery...Captions are a bit unecessary as it is just the best scenery of mountains that I have seen in a flight simulator:-

btour047.jpg

btour049.jpg

btour057.jpg

The other shots can be seen here:-

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/8555-mountain-scenery/

Thanks for looking :)

• Aerosoft

Now I know that region a bit and it is really is not a 'round' as your images show. I also think you should check out FSX to see better mountain scenery as I think it can be beaten rather easy.

aero_luklax_05.jpg

aero_luklax_02.jpg

aero_luklax_04.jpg

aero_luklax_03.jpg

You might have won some of these but not this one Pete!

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Joachim reminded me that Aerofly got some stunning mountains as well and has a feature set comparable to FLIGHT (and has not been cancelled).

Not to be outdone, Aerofly, as Joachim just pointed out, has mountains that look a lot better. It's all down to data and FLIGHT has always been very light on data.

post-43-0-60572500-1343669763_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-47995200-1343669769_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-65466000-1343669775_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Yes, those thumbnails are very good but your other pictures remind me of how you can make all mountains pointy by changing one number in the CFG file. I've done that too but most mountains have eroded tops :)

• Aerosoft

Yes, those thumbnails are very good but your other pictures remind me of how you can make all mountains pointy by changing one number in the CFG file. I've done that too but most mountains have eroded tops :)

Pete the mountains I showed are Alps and Himalaya, they are all rather new mountains. The mesh used for those is spot on. Down to 15 meters. The mesh you show can't be more then 250 meters and interpolated. I like FLIGHT, always said so, but these are not the best mountains you seen in a simulator. I know what products we sell you got and many of those got better mesh.

I am willing to compare the images I show with real images, you do the same and we'll decide.

Pete the mountains I showed are Alps and Himalaya, they are all rather new mountains. The mesh used for those is spot on. Down to 15 meters. The mesh you show can't be more then 250 meters and interpolated. I like FLIGHT, always said so, but these are not the best mountains you seen in a simulator. I know what products we sell you got and many of those got better mesh.

I am willing to compare the images I show with real images, you do the same and we'll decide.

Flight's mountains in Alaska have the same shape as those in Alaska Cinematic in FS9 and that is certainly not short of Data...You can't compare the European Alps with Alaska's much older and eroded mountains. There is one mountain in Alaska (its highest mountain) and it is called Mount McKinley or Denali...I will go there and take some shots and then compare them with the many photos of the real mountain.

• Aerosoft

Flight's mountains in Alaska have the same shape as those in Alaska Cinematic in FS9 and that is certainly not short of Data...You can't compare the European Alps with Alaska's much older and eroded mountains. There is one mountain in Alaska (its highest mountain) and it is called Mount McKinley or Denali...I will go there and take some shots and then compare them with the many photos of the real mountain.

Okay but it leaves the fact you sav you never saw better mountain scenery in a simulator. And I think that's just not a fact.

Besides:

Mt_McKinley_-_Alaska.jpg

That how it looks and that's how I remember mt McKinley. Some pretty pointy stuff there and the FLIGHT dataset just does not have that. I stand by my point that the mesh of FLIGHT is just not up to the latest standard. Even with rounded mountains data counts and the Alaska data set is just not big enough. If I look at the raw data it has a 355 meter mesh. Interpolated, not even raw data.

To compare that to a rather low end FS9 product of some years ago... well you might win that. Tell me where your shots were taken from and we'll compare them

and if that does not close the argument, show me how FLIGHT does the European alps or the Asian Himalaya (okay cheap shot but it could not refuse)