Santorini FSX 1.0

Jose Rezende

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem when installing LGSR today. Resolved. now it is fine. Flew to LGSR, found the runway in a trench. I thought it was settings. changed settings, mesh etc. no improvement. Looked just like default scenery. Very sparse, "as in no houses" but mesh all corrupted. Didn't look at all like the pictures. Then it dawned on me I have had problems with Aerosoft scenery not fully installing before. The solution is to just find the folder location and add it yourself. I manually added on Santorini scenery through default MS FSX. Now perfect. I have purchased about 30 products from Aerosoft, most all installed perfectly without a hitch. However this is the third or fourth time I have had a product that I noticed was not installed correctly. I never bothered to report it. May not be the problem, but it is worth a try. texerrn

Hmm, I haven't flown Santorini for quite awhile but reading this thread has spurred me on to try and resolve my issues, which are, basically no AI and very little autogen around the airport and a single chuch and cable car on the hill! I've read the whole post here and the link that presumably is supposed to offer a conclusive answer, but I'm afraid I'm still in the dark. Could someone please explain in simple language what I have to do. I have tried a reinstall with no success.

Hmm, I haven't flown Santorini for quite awhile but reading this thread has spurred me on to try and resolve my issues, which are, basically no AI and very little autogen around the airport and a single chuch and cable car on the hill! I've read the whole post here and the link that presumably is supposed to offer a conclusive answer, but I'm afraid I'm still in the dark. Could someone please explain in simple language what I have to do. I have tried a reinstall with no success.

Hi. For some users there is definitely an issue. I have been one of them. It has been suggested that it's due to UAC settings, but I totally disagree as I have mine completely disabled.

The issue is solved by amending the default.xml, it is easy to do if you know how. I could do it for everyone. Only problem is, you uninstall or whatever and it's all undone.

This really needs to be addressed in the installer by Aerosoft.

• Upvote 1

Hi. For some users there is definitely an issue. I have been one of them. It has been suggested that it's due to UAC settings, but I totally disagree as I have mine completely disabled.

The issue is solved by amending the default.xml, it is easy to do if you know how. I could do it for everyone. Only problem is, you uninstall or whatever and it's all undone.

This really needs to be addressed in the installer by Aerosoft.

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply. What is Aerosoft playing at? This issue has been rasied many times from 2010 and has still not been resolved. It's simply not good enough that customers have to play around with the product to make it function correctly. I agree, it's not the UAC settings. Like you, I too have it completely disabled. As for the XML, although I'm pretty competent at most things, I have never needed to edit XML files and so don't quite know where to start. Your help with this would be appreciated....

Hi Chris,

Well done for helping a fellow member of the forum, hats off to you! :bow_down2_s:

Would you mind posting the amendments you make to the default.xml to solve this problem?

Hi Chris,

Well done for helping a fellow member of the forum, hats off to you! :bow_down2_s:

Would you mind posting the amendments you make to the default.xml to solve this problem?

Hi. Yes I'll do that, I'll try and get something up over the weekend.

• Upvote 1