Ever a Tocumen Intl. (MPTO) airport from Aerosoft?

degt

I wonder if there will ever be an Aerosoft version of the Tocumen International Airport (ICAO: MPTO, IATA: PTY). It is the biggest hub in the middle of the america's, the largest airport in Central america and the only one in the region with two runways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tocumen_International_Airport

The airport is again under expansion, in fact either this year or next they will finish their latest addition which is already partially in use.

Being the hub of Copa Airlines (national airline) which code shares with Continental Airlines gives a vast range of connections to passengers from Panama city to anywhere in Central, South and Northamerica as well as Europe with direct flights to Frankfurt and Amsterdam.

And speaking of virtual aviation at least on IVAO you regularly see traffic to/from Tocumen (MPTO) being mid-hauls and long hauls.

There are also two nearby airports, one being MPHO/MPPA, the former Howard Airport (formerly Howard AFB) which has a brand new passenger terminal as well as the busy Marcos A. Gelabert (ICAO: MPMG, IATA: PAC) right in the city which is the hub of Air Panama (national regional airline) and captures all the GA traffic which is seldom allowed into Tocumen.

BTW. Many airports in Panama are undergoing renovation and in particular they are building a new international airport to replace the dilapidated Rio Hato (MPRH) airport which had the feature of having a runway that cut through the Panamerican Highway. With the new airport under construction the cars will now pass via a tunnen underneath the runway.

Anyway guys, if you need information about anything about airports in Panama I can be your contact.

Guest cptawsom

They guys at LatinVFR have done the airport to good quality so why would Aerosoft waste resources in redoing something which is already available in high quality?

LatinVFR has never done MPTO.

VirtualCol has, and from the screenshots at SimMarket, I cannot tell whether it is of adequately good quality or not.

Both VirtualCol and TropicalSim have done this airport and out of those two I think TropicalSim is the better one. At least with so much competition it isn't interesting for Aerosoft.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
At least with so much competition it isn't interesting for Aerosoft.

Are you Aerosoft to decide this? Definitely not!

• Upvote 1

Indeed I'm not Aerosoft, but I've been around long enough to know how Aerosoft thinks. I admit, sometimes I got a different opinion but in this case I agree with them. At least, if I know them well enough.

• Aerosoft

Ho ho guys, calm down.

First of all competition almost never stops us from doing something. For sure we'll not do a B737 NGX because we make money on what PMDG does for us and they do it pretty good. But in scenery, mwahhhh... we got distribution channels, we got boxed channels and that determines how much money you make, not how the competition is. Keep in mind that the people who type in forums like this are just 10% of the customers we need.

• Upvote 4

Are you Aerosoft to decide this? Definitely not!

Hi Otto,

You don't need to be rude mate. Users of this forum can bring good ideas to this forum for future projects of aeroSOFT company.

@degt: Please if you think Tocumen International Airport is a good idea for aeroSOFT suggest here http://forum.aerosof...pose-a-project/

PS: The topic I mentioned above is already closed by Mathijs Kok.