AES and discount Yekaterinburg

Hi,

I read in another topic that AES is due to be upgraded (maybe) next week. I hope firstly with new vehicles and character animation at the cleaning service car (for example man walking up and down the stairs with garbage bags to the van), tanking vehicle (man plugging and unplugging fuel hoses on the wing) and cleaning truck (man waiting at truck just like with the buses) or new bagage carts and secondly new airports supported (a lot beauties are planned or already released).

But as far as Yekaterinburg and the discount, I hassitate to buy the FS9 version now because:

A. I don't know for sure when AES will be upgraded and

B. if the discount is still valid when AES is upgraded with new airports supported with Yekaterinburg

Reason for me (and maybe others in this forum) is that I never buy FS9 sceneries that are NOT AES supported.

So my question: is this Yekaterinburg discount valid for a short period of time or also valid when AES will be upgraded?

Johannes,

Is the upgrade needed for the the layout of the terminal and therefore the gates and/or the afcad file? I cannot judge if the upgrade of Yekat is needed for AES support and I cannot look in the agenda of Oliver and Aerosoft, but I say don't wait, extend the discount offer until AES release. Extra bucks for Aerosoft. Good market approach I think :-)

Why exactly do you hesitate from buying Yekaterinburg because AES will come later? You can simply buy Yekaterinenburg now and AES then. Where's the problem? Even if you say that you won't fly there until you have AES support you can still buy Yekaterienburg now when it is discounted and AES lateron.

Emi,

It's a matter of investment at the right moment and because of the absence of forecasting from Aerosoft when AES (and other products) releases are planned (in other words, there is not allways way ahead before a release a date pointed in the future when releases of AES will be delivered). I know what's the reason for that from other posts with the questions "when is there a new update planned". Don't be offended (Matthijs or Oliver), I used to work for a (large) software producer and upgrades of their software are allways planned months ahead for a planned date and announced to public. I don't (allways) see Aerosoft do this. Releases are commonly announced months ahead. And sometimes releases are delivered earlier than the planned date, mostly around the date or sometime later than planned date (in The Netherlands we say "plans are made for us to not deliver on time"). I want to start a discussion here to ask if this kind of customer and market approach is reasonable for a very good, well known (large) software developer and distributor like Aerosoft is. Plan the releases and make the dates visible for the customer. Then investements for customers can also be planned by their own. As customer I don't allways want to be kept in the dark :-)

Besides, it's my personal principle I don't buy any FS9 airport untill it's AES supported together with fact that I have no horizon when AES will be released and I can use Yekat with it.

• Developer

Sorry, but I could not annouce a releasedate, when i did not know, when the update will be available. The FS9 version don't need the update, but i don't want to splitt it. So, first we have to wait until the developer is back, maybe then it can be done very fast.

But to say a date now, only to have a date said, is absolute nonsense

Better give it to us, FS9-ers, than to nobody.

Rafal, I agree, but I admit, that would be selfish as FS9-er :). If it's Oliver's decision to wait, then we have to wait. But then I wait with buying Yekat, even if I don't have the 20% discount. That's a great loss. Because I don't know if it's supported in version 2.24.

Oliver, can you give us a peak of which airports will be supported in the version 2.24 and (and that's more important) which alterations will be released in the animations, vehicles, I say the fleet around the airplane?