Corfu X + UTX Problem at RWY35 turnabout

Kosta

Hello,

I just got this beautiful scenery (after watching some very nice shots on the forums), and I immediately noticed one problem here, which I can't seem to prevent:

If I run the scenery solo, things look like this:

post-24245-0-31495900-1342986780_thumb.j

But if I enable UTX Europe, this happens:

post-24245-0-35751700-1342986589_thumb.j

I thought it might be something with water, so if I disable UTX EU Water, I get this:

post-24245-0-47859300-1342986611_thumb.j

Yes, first and third pics are virtually the same, meaning UTX EU Water is making problems with Corfu X.

Is there a way to prevent excessive blurring? And also, is there a reason why my coastline on the left side of the runway is kind of zig-zag? I'm aware there are zillions of addons, and I have some, but is there something sceneryside I could do, some exclusion?

Also if return the terrain.cfg to the original, problems also disappear.

I didn't notice problems anywhere else, so I am asking if there is a way to fix this form the scenery side, because I am reluctant to change anything else, since rest of my sim is working great.

Best

Kosta

No, they are not. Look at the ground texture around the strip, at the top - you have to of course open them to make them bigger. Small they look the same. The texture is extremely blurred in the 2nd.

You should really look closer. And the difference is even bigger when I span it over 27inches.

No, they are not. Look at the ground texture around the strip, at the top - you have to of course open them to make them bigger. Small they look the same. The texture is extremely blurred in the 2nd.

You should really look closer. And the difference is even bigger when I span it over 27inches.

Now I saw the differences! But I don't know how to correct that, I haven't Corfu X right now.

Hi Johannes,

Maybe the best option is to deactivate UTX in that case.

Regards,

Alex

I'll pretend I didn't read that.

Did you seriously advice me to turn off one scenery to be able to run another? By that theory I should just leave the FSX, since addons apparently don't work with it, even if together...

Why other addons are working fine with UTX, is a mystery to me then. Also, if only one scenery is having a problem, then it must be a thing with the scenery, not UTX.

On topic:

I tried CTRL+SHIFT+R, resetted all the settings, went all default, the problem still persists.

Btw. any official Aerosoft thoughts on this? Maybe even from developer?

• Upvote 1

Hi Kosta,

Corfu contains a very detailed vector work for shorelines. Perhaps UTX contains coastline information that conflict with CorfuX, but not sure about this. Let me have a look at UTX EU water and come back to you.

I already looked into the files, but I have one problem: I have no idea with which file to begin with. There are just a bunch of numbers, and those are not even coordinates. They seem to have their own "sorting" way... some map where is what would probably be helpful.

Though I also think that just deleting/renaming UTX file is advisable, as it might interefere with other coastlines and/or future updates.

An idea which I had was possible an exclusion file, placed after UTX but before the scenery, which would possible reset the ground - I am not a scenery developer, so I can't say what's possible, but this is just an idea.

Yes, first and third pics are virtually the same, meaning UTX EU Water is making problems with Corfu X.

I am taking an educated guess here and don't have the AS airport to check things out, but I believe you're seeing where the wave activity might occur. This might account for the blurriness even with the UTX water disabled, as wave activity and water are two separate items in FSX. I'll need to get my UTX specific Scenery.cfg file into FSX and try to take a look later today.

BTW Kosta, it helps to have coordinates activated when taking screenies to assist people like me, who are on the other side of the planet, to figure out where to look. To me, Corfu sounds like something made with corn and tofu... :confused2_s:

• Aerosoft

Look basically it is very simple, we (and any scenery developer) can only guarantee that the product works with the default sim. We simply have no idea what other developpers do and saying that we can handle all conflicts would just be a lie. Just today we found a freeware scenery product covering part of Germany that removed autogen all the way to Amsterdam.

Now products that cover massive areas always can cause problems for scenery that covers something in detail and no matter what we do, it will not always be possible to be 100% compatible. If a company promises you that, smile and walk away.

Hi again Kosta,

Could you tell me which version of UTX Europe you are using please?

I'm on 1.4, latest.

Maybe something else what'll help:

The raised ground that I reported earlier was due to scenery only being deactivated. Apparently installer places elevation bgl into some FSX folder, which is removed with uninstallation.

Default LGKR is okay here when CorfuX uninstalled.

Also, UTX is placing a runway in water - don't know if this might be the cause.

Also, it's not wave animation. This is a link to the UTX thread:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic42568_post250156.html#250156

As I said there, I turned off FS9 wave animation, and it was turned off before.

Also:

If I slew the aircraft a bit further away, say to the other part of the runway, and slew it back to the turnabout, it takes couple of seconds to become blurry. At first it's sharp. Quite weird.

Look basically it is very simple, we (and any scenery developer) can only guarantee that the product works with the default sim. We simply have no idea what other developpers do and saying that we can handle all conflicts would just be a lie. Just today we found a freeware scenery product covering part of Germany that removed autogen all the way to Amsterdam.

Now products that cover massive areas always can cause problems for scenery that covers something in detail and no matter what we do, it will not always be possible to be 100% compatible. If a company promises you that, smile and walk away.

I am very well aware of that Mathijs. This is why I never went saying its developers fault and from beginning put all cards out, that I noticed it only with UTX. And if its somehow solvable, I would like to solve it, as not only I am going to benefit from it. Though apparently I am the only one who noticed.

I understand that FSX is a huge world, and the only way we can keep this sane if we all help each other (maybe you know me from AVSIM...).

I hope we can find a solution for this little problem as it just ruins this beautiful scenery.

Hi Kosta,

Thanks for the info. Well I have good and bad news :)

See the attached screen. It seems that the UTX vectors have cut the shore a bit too short, and this is why the runway overshoots the ground. Anyway, the runway is irrelevant in this case. But, FSX understands those tiles as being 'sea'. Now, without being exactly certain as to why get 'blurred' I am assuming that there is some conflict between our photo-terrain and UTX vector data.

How to overcome this with UTX active: The two files that define the coast shape and water information for that part of the world are in

FSXMainFolder\Scenery\UtEurWater\Scenery

-->HL15317.bgl

-->HP15317.bgl

You can de-activate them by renaming to *.off (basically, you only need to de-activate HP15317.bgl)

BUT, this will give you some rather odd shorelines in the terrain surrounding our scenery. Which can be very ugly at times.

So a workaround is to reduce your Terrain texture resolution to 0.6m/pixel. This gives apparently some priority to our photo-terrain.

Now, Corfu uses 0.5m/px at maximum resolution. So, this is a mere 10cm/pixel (un-noticeable) difference. I personally would advise that solution compared to the alternatives.

Unfortunately there is not much else we can do in this case. It is a pretty difficult terrain to 'vector' and despite UTX great worldwide coverage, there will be a few tiny incompatibilities in cases like this.

post-40439-0-64788700-1343479718_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

OK, and if UTX team went and changed the UTX shorline to extend beyond the runway (not like the way they did it short of the runway), basically extending the same way as the CorfuX scenery, it will also be OK, right?

I can't thank you enough for your work Emilios!

Emilios, this is what quantumleap writes in the reply to your post on their forum. He says there is a possibility to exclude other sceneries through FSX. I am not a scenery developer, so I have no idea what he is talking about really.

See here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic42568_post250177.html#250177

See if there is something to be done about it.

In the meantime, I will figure out their reporting tool and make a report for that area.

Regards

Kosta

Thanks for the post.

I agree with Jeff here. We have indeed created all the appropriate 'masks' to tell FSX where our terrain is in relation to the sea. And proof is that the scenery works fine as an add-on to default FSX.

But having multiple add-ons covering the same area can cause trouble sometimes, especially in regards to terrain vector/mesh information. Some exclusions could make sense, but I don't think it's the solution here as a scenery add-on is always prioritised over UTX. It might be worth a shot, so I ll give it a go and keep this thread updated.

I guess the UTX guys might also take a look at that area and see if they can work around this.

In the meantime, the only 'feasible' solution is to reduce texture resolution to 0.6m/px

I guess the UTX guys might also take a look at that area and see if they can work around this.

Definitely. When I get around to it (currently on vacation, and only on my ipad) I'll see that I make a report and that they try fixing the coastline to extend around the runway like it is supposed to. Guess that might help too...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD