Mega Airport Dublin

dannye92

Hmm, I'd rather had seen that they picked another airport instead of Dublin. There are already several sceneries for Dublin and they're not that bad. Personally I use Eiresim Dublin and I'm quite satisfied about that. There was no need to develop another Dublin scenery, several other airports are in higher need.

Well, if it appears there it's almost ready so it's too late to complain now. But my advice for the future is to always ask if there's demand for a certain scenery before you start developing. For Dublin that's obviously not the case, it's only wasted valuable development capacity.

I agree with Patrick. I would also have liked much more other airports to be developed. We're still missing Corsica or other holiday destinations like Croatia. Cairo would also have been much apprechiated.

Was this part of a "professional" project, or why did you choose to make this scenery?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

I agree with Patrick. I would also have liked much more other airports to be developed. We're still missing Corsica or other holiday destinations like Croatia. Cairo would also have been much apprechiated.

Was this part of a "professional" project, or why did you choose to make this scenery?

Gents we have been in this business for a while and we do our market research and we might have other plans for a project (for example there is nothing good for X-Plane). Corsica might be nice and we might do something there. Croatia simply does not have enough market appeal and Cairo is impossible because we simply will never get permission.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, I'd rather had seen that they picked another airport instead of Dublin. There are already several sceneries for Dublin and they're not that bad. Personally I use Eiresim Dublin and I'm quite satisfied about that. There was no need to develop another Dublin scenery, several other airports are in higher need.

Well, if it appears there it's almost ready so it's too late to complain now. But my advice for the future is to always ask if there's demand for a certain scenery before you start developing. For Dublin that's obviously not the case, it's only wasted valuable development capacity.

The Eiresim scenery is over 3 years old now and shows its age. I believe there is a new one being developed by Eiresim though which looks amazing perhaps this is what aerosoft will sell on behalf of Eiresim?

• Aerosoft

The Eiresim scenery is over 3 years old now and shows its age. I believe there is a new one being developed by Eiresim though which looks amazing perhaps this is what aerosoft will sell on behalf of Eiresim?

No, this is our own development.

Not only expensive, also time-consuming. The time it takes to convert a scenery to FS2004 can also be used to develop another airport. If Aerosoft would completely abandon all FS2004 development, they would be able to make more sceneries in less time.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Eiresim Dublin is very old scenery. It uses default apron textures, lights and so on. The terminal textures are very old and bad quality. No landclass, photerrain over surroundings etc...It deffenetely needs to be reworked.

Eiresim Dublin is very old scenery. It uses default apron textures, lights and so on. The terminal textures are very old and bad quality. No landclass, photerrain over surroundings etc...It deffenetely needs to be reworked.

There is (or maybe now 'was' ) a new version being made.

• Upvote 1

There's a new one in the works from Eiresim, which is why he thought that this may have been a collaboration between Aerosoft and Eiresim. Given the size of the market, this option probably should at least be examined if Aerosofts progress hasn't been fully started yet....

Here's a pic from the updated Eiresim Dublin....

srtech.jpg

srtech5.jpg

http://www.eiresim.com/forum/index.php?topic=1041.0

Rónán O Cadhain Jr.

Personally I think Dublin is a good Airpport for development. An international airport on the far west of Europe. I have Eiresims Alicante and am very happy with the performance. I will get Aerosoft's Dublin, but will wait to hear reviews on the performance, 'cos if it's like some of the other airports and heavy on frames then I'll give it a miss

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

There seems to be some commotion on blogs about us being 'in competition' with Eiresim on a this Dublin project and I like to make some comments on that.

First of all, and I know this sound strange, we do not spend a lot of time looking at competition when we start a project. We got our own customers, our own large boxed distribution and we got a professional department that (when possible) sells the products we create for FSX and X-Plane 10. I actually doubt we knew about Eiresims project. But as said, even if we did we might not have decided different.

Secondly, when we know about other projects we will look to see if we can compete. And that has a lot to do with resources. Money if you want. Getting AESLite costs money and buying a good base images costs a lot more. Making an installer, adding some protection and doing a manual in 4 languages is damned expensive. So no matter how skillful a developer can be we often think we can compete on quality.

So is that a problem for small developers? Sure, it can be and that's why a lot of those developers are using our resources. As our prices are consistently lower then those of independent developers I think this is good for the customers and I can honestly say the people who choose us as publisher are satisfied as well. And in the end, this is not a hobby for Aerosoft and Eiresim, we both do it for the money and competing is part of that. Working together sounds nice but it is not how products get done. It's also not very nice for the small developer if we throw in the stuff we bought, three professional developers and the rest. Buying a few objects often make little sense then, we might as well do those as well and keep all rights.

And competition we had, there are actually two more Dublin scenery projects we know of. One of those is probably dead, but the other is alive. As the developer is ripping sat images from webapps we are not very afraid though, no serious shop will sell that.

• Upvote 3

I think there are some improvement points for Aerosoft in the story you wrote here Matthijs. For example, you said you hardly look at the competition when you decide on a project. I suggest you better do so, because it might make a difference in sales.

Looking at myself, I certainly am an Aerosoft customer. I got a lot of Aerosoft products, but that doesn't mean you can take me for granted. I always make my own choices and sometimes the competition wins. For example, for Faro I'm using the TropicalSim scenery instead of the Aerosoft scenery. Not that I don't grant Aerosoft, but TropicalSim just offers a better product. The same might be the case here. I haven't decided yet wether I will buy the Aerosoft Dublin or the new Eiresim Dublin. I make my decision based on reviews and they're only available after release.

You say one of your competition instruments is additional quality. Whatever comes with the scenery, like for example a manual in several languages. Honestly I got to admit I never read those manuals, I usually throw them away. So the product wouldn't be any less to me if there wasn't a manual. An installer I can understand, but for example UK2000 has good installers too. They might even have a higher protection level than Aerosoft.

When I look at quality I look at the quality of the product itself. Does it look a bit nice? Are the taxi lines clearly visible? How do the buildings look? Are there no strange things in the scenery? Is it FPS friendly? That's quality for me, the rest doesn't matter. And I got to admit Aerosoft is not the only one doing a good job, there are more.

I'm writing this not to burn you down, but to make Aerosoft an even better developer and publisher than they already are.

PS If you thought no serious shop will sell products that are of lower quality, you might be wrong. Simmarket for example sells anything any developer has to offer, regardless of the quality.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Patrick, I believe that you mean it well. But you have to learn that Aerosoft does not appreciate to be lectured and patronised about their business model and products. You are a guest in their forums here. I think you should have stopped after Mathijs last message.

• Upvote 6

Patrick, I believe that you mean it well. But you have to learn that Aerosoft does not appreciate to be lectured and patronised about their business model and products. You are a guest in their forums here. I think you should have stopped after Mathijs last message.

+1

Personally, I'm looking forward to Aerosoft's one more because Terry Smith (CEO of Eiresim) does not compress his photo real textures leaving the actual airport as huge file. His Alicante scenery exceeded 500 mb which is rediculous. Secondly, there's always a lot of bugs and CTD's with it but with Aerosoft it's always perfection so I would like to see this one.

Also Mathijs, could you please let the development team involved in this one know about the new stand layout at Pier D. I saw a screenshot of this and it's from the layout so I hope they fix it. Here is a picture of what it used to be like:

29750.png

Here is what it looks like now:

42934.png

Also Mathijs, could you please let the development team involved in this one know about the new stand layout at Pier D. I saw a screenshot of this and it's from the layout so I hope they fix it. Here is a picture of what it used to be like:

A note for the development team is that the stand numbering around Pier A, Pier B and to the west of Pier D is actually being renumbered at present. The new details are available in the current AIP supplement online, but essentially the numbering will changed from the current mix to 100 series, 200 series, 300 series and 400 series depending on the pier.

• Upvote 1