FLIGHT SIM COMMANDER 7.5 SIDS & STARS

webthotics

can anyone help or point me in the right direction to sort out a problem i have with fsc 7 . i have downloaded the daffif files as instructed in the manuel. " note that all the updates have been installed to 7.5". using the data manager the files have been unzipped and placed in the folders. the update buttons become highlighted and when activated you can see the updates being installed. when i try to access the sids & stars for gatwick (EGKK) & heathrow(EGLL) after the daffif has been loaded i get an infomation board saying that there are either no sid and stars for these airports. yet say madrid (LEMD) the sids & stars are available.

cheers mark webb

• 3 months later...

:) Hello!

It is unfortunately clear now that FSC will not give us SIDs or STARs procedures for the large western airports, because the DAFIF database used is initially designed for military uses.

What I am doing to replace them is:

- to display the approach route on the FSC map (using the "App" button in the map tool bar),

- to create a few users' fixes along the approach route.

When on automatic pilot, the plane goes through the users' fixes and is therefore finally well positioned for the airport ILS glideslope.

Maybe someone has found a wiser method.

Bests,

Philippe Renard

Buy the software and I have verified that: sid and start of Spain do not appear. The creators of software must give a solution then if the file DAFIF is not complete that the program can download of another sever

Very bad

Hello Guillermo,

I do believe the developer of the software does give the solution to the problem on what you can do.

However, if your departure or arrival airport does not have a SID or STAR listed in the data-base (which is taken from DAFIF, see page 8), you can nevertheless define (and save for later use) your own departure and/or arrival route. How this is done is explained in details in the section on route segments

:) Hello SAF and Guillermo,

Ah yes, the Route segments !

This seems indeed the best way to store our "preferred departure" or "preferred arrival routes", made of beacons and fixes selected by us. It works very well.

First step: Normally create the complete Flight Plan including the fixes you added yourself.

Second step: do "Flight Plan - Save Route Segment". A window opens. Click on your fixes to select your preferred arrival route (let's say).

Third step: Another time, you can do "Flight Plan - Open Route Segment". A window opens. You can insert your preferred arrival route after the "waypoint selected for insertion" in your current Flight Plan.

Bests,

Philippe Renard