AAA Fatal Error Changing Aircraft

Fab10

Hi,

I am trying to change my aircraft in AAA, but each time that I attempt to taxi to another of my aircraft, I select "yes" to change to the new aircraft, but I get a fatal error and FSX shuts down.

I have changed my aircraft selection:

Carenado Caravan 5Y-ASC

Carenado 185 Bush 5Y-ASB

Carenado KingAir - 5Y-AST

For instance, changing from the Caravan to the C185, places me in the VC of the C185, but without fully redrawing it fully, and then it gives me a fatal error, and FSX restarts.

Have you any thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks,

Fabio

Sounds like you might have duplicate AI aircraft titles, this can lead to fatal errors.

Did you make sure, when you assigned your addon aircraft the correct titles (like "title=African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASC"), that you changed the titles of the original ASC aircraft? You can for example change that title to "African Safari Charter - 5Y-ASC - old".

For more information how to do this, read the tips+tricks topic: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/26895-aaa-tipstricks/page__hl__african

Thanks.

If duplicate aircraft titles exist, FSX will warn you whilst it loads, and AAA warns if there are issues with nanes as well; I'm happy that the naming configuration is 100% correct.

The naming convention I used came from the same link as you provided (otherwise I wouldn't have known that I was indeed able to alter aircraft choices before purchasing), and the other aircraft choices appear parked at their respective airfield locations, so this must be right.

Specs: i7 950 OC 4.0Ghz, Xigmatek Dark Knight Cooler, 6Gb 1066 RAM, Asus P6X58D-E, Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM , Nvidia GTX460 (latest drivers), Corsair GS600 PSU, W7 64-bit, FSX with SP1 & SP2, ORBX/FTX, UTXE, REX2, GEX, Saitek Yoke, Rudders, Throttle, MCP, Switch, & Radio

Good idea, I'll check this out and will post my reply.

I have swapped various aircraft around such that the Kodiak was default, and that was fine. I'll try with the C90B as well, plus free flight mode as discussed.

Hi,

The three aircraft that I have chosen (C90, C208, C185) can start as the default aircraft at HK0G OK.

I have started the same three aircraft without problem at Buffalo Spring and many other random locations.

I have not changed any scenery files or re-activated ORBX (i.e. test and FSX conditions remained the same).

For the moment, I am running in career mode but with Enable Changes so that I can choose aircraft type, but of course I don't obtain the rewards (which is OK really but it would be nice if at least my money can be kept).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fabio

So you can even select those aircraft in career mode, but if you taxi to the parked aircraft and want to switch you get a crash? That's interesting.

Did you try this before you changed the default aircraft?

Did you rename the titles of those default aircraft? What's their current title in the aircraft.cfg?

Hi,

FSX warns if aircraft titles are not unique; therefore, without an error, we can conclude that all my aircraft titles are unique.

I have experimented with different aircraft, but any combination of a/c causes the Fatal Error when taxying to switch a/c in career mode, though they all work in free flight mode.

For the moment, all unused a/c titles are renamed to something unique like "- not used", "- unused", "- not in use" etc. I'm a longtime simmer, and I have no issues editing or reconfiguring files.

I mmediately edited my a/c in AAA as I bought this Aerosoft product knowing that different aircraft could be used (I have no interest in flying default FSX aircraft, other than for testing).

I will report back.

I hope you didn't get me wrong, I just wanted to make sure we test all options.

When you taxi to that other aircraft, is it the default aircraft that is parked there or is it the addon aircraft you assigned the title to?

It's a long time since I programmed that addon, but the aircraft parked there should be the Carenado or whatever you assigned.

Hi,

No worries, and apologies, I didn't mean to come across as I did.

When I taxi to my other a/c, whether in career or free flight, the (correct) replacement a/c are present (C208, C185, C90B).

I will return all a/c to the AAA install defaults, and I'll report back.

Thanks for your help,

Fabio