Crash at FSDG Sharm-el -Sheik

boerseun

Hi,

Just bought the above from FSDG via Aerosoft Download shop. After installing And in FSX when choosing active runway and pressing fly now button I get a crash and the whole FSX reset and crash again and again as shown in jpeg attahmment!!

Please help !!!

THANKS

select full editor and use the attache funktion. but try disable crash detection then i think it stops..

Thanks alot - I diabled crash detect and crashes stops!!!

Compliments to the developers - ME LIKE!!!

We had those crashes in an early beta version, but I don't expect you use that version.

I can't reproduce them here, but I'll look into it.

No this is the version on sale from today at Aerosoft download shop -

"Aerosoft Download Shop

Dear Customer,

thank you for shopping at Aerosoft Online!

Order Number: 363267 (Please refer to this number in any future correspondence)"

Thanks for your response - as I said with crash detect off one get no crashes at runway threshold, but with it on one get crashes continuously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, I didn't think you pirated the copy. ;)

Unfortunately there is indeed a file that causes a crash, which made it into the final version; something we're terribly sorry about. We had to do a last-minute fix and unfortunately grabbed the wrong file from the big, big folder containing all our development stuff. The new file looked good - but gives a crash in the FSX version at some parts of the airport.

The new file is already at Aerosoft and will be included in a new download version tomorrow. So just download the addon again tomorrow morning (probably the support team can give us some feedback as soon as the new version is online). Meanwhile disable the crash detection - something we do not only for development but always, as, personally, I don't like the way it works in FSX. But this does not mean we wouldn't care about the issue. It was just a simple mistake by me. So sorry for the inconvenience. ;)

Guest cptawsom
Unfortunately there is indeed a file that causes a crash, which made it into the final version; something we're terribly sorry about. We had to do a last-minute fix and unfortunately grabbed the wrong file from the big, big folder containing all our development stuff. The new file looked good - but gives a crash in the FSX version at some parts of the airport.

The new file is already at Aerosoft and will be included in a new download version tomorrow. So just download the addon again tomorrow morning (probably the support team can give us some feedback as soon as the new version is online). Meanwhile disable the crash detection - something we do not only for development but always, as, personally, I don't like the way it works in FSX. But this does not mean we wouldn't care about the issue. It was just a simple mistake by me. So sorry for the inconvenience. ;)

Is one of these points the exit taxiway at the very end of RWY 04R (taxiway H)?

I bought the scenery today, did my first flight, an RNAV 04R night approach with my PMDG MD-11. I missed taxiway J because it has no lighting (is this in the real world too?), and when I went to exit RWY 04R at its very end, FSX detected a crash (so just re-did the approach with autobrakes max and not med, in order to exit the runway at taxiway K).

What I didn't understand from your writing Horst, is that, will the new file eliminate the problem completely? Or just decrease these crash points in quantity?

PS: Other than that, excellent scenery guys, well done.

A new installer version is in your download account (still named V1.00, but without the error). There will be no more crashes around the airport, I promise. ;)

• Upvote 1

Guest cptawsom

A new installer version is in your download account (still named V1.00, but without the error). There will be no more crashes around the airport, I promise. ;)

This is good to hear, however, may I respectfully make a suggestion?

Changing things in a file, without changing its filename-versioning, is bad practice. The only way to tell the two files apart is to perform any checksum on them (md5, sha256, sha512 eg.).

I see no reason not to name the new file <HESH>-1.01 (exe and zip). In that way:

- you do not need to inform the user that there is a new version available

- you make it impossible for a user to "mismatch" the two files (thinking that he picked the right one, when in fact he has picked the wrong one)

Being a software developer myself (in other areas), and you being developers as well, I'm surprised that you do not follow a strict and precise practice for versioning. There was a whole thread the other day, from Aerosoft staff (yes I know that you are an independent developer) asking us our opinion on how to minimize-avoid such errors.

Don't worry, I didn't think you pirated the copy. ;)

Thanks for the feedback - will download again today

• Developer

Sorry Thore...I had the problem with the crash, too.

Not very funny.

yet, I had the destroy mode off.

But as real as get is?

Maybe, but now you have the solution to solve the issue, but for a good bashing ( for you http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashing ) user of the flight forum, it's needed to make this statement anyway, we understand that, lol.

• Upvote 1

@cptawsom: maybe a misunderstanding, but the original problem has nothing to do with the question if Aerosoft calls the updated Version V1.00 or V1.01. The original problem was that I just made a simple mistake and a wrong file ended up in the final scene. That's something that can always happen, no matter how good you sort and name your files.

The reason why Aerosoft updated the file as V1.00 is because the SimMarket version will be the same V1.00. Different versions with the same content would've created much more trouble. ;)

@Stephan: Do you mean you got crashes with the crash detection turned off? That would be a new kind of FSX bug.

Guest cptawsom

@cptawsom: maybe a misunderstanding, but the original problem has nothing to do with the question if Aerosoft calls the updated Version V1.00 or V1.01. The original problem was that I just made a simple mistake and a wrong file ended up in the final scene. That's something that can always happen, no matter how good you sort and name your files.

The reason why Aerosoft updated the file as V1.00 is because the SimMarket version will be the same V1.00. Different versions with the same content would've created much more trouble. ;)

I know that the original problem has nothing to do with naming.

I just pointed out another case of bad naming-versioning of files, which many times can confuse users.

They could have achieved both flies wit one hit (isn't that the German expression?), by naming both files 1.01.

Guest cptawsom

A new update will be available today for FS9 and FSX. It includes all fixes and additions you were hoping for, as well as a P3D version!

Please remember to increment the version in the filename, this time.

Guest cptawsom

Not directly relevant to the topic, but I don't want to make a new thread for this:

Apart from Prepar3D compatibility, do we have any more changelog for v1.10 of HESH?