ASE_DATA FS Issue

FlavioSSA

Hello,

I just made this topic to make public a problem with a new tech from Aerosoft, called "ASE_DATA". For me, it was installed with a new scenery, Aerosoft BariX. After installation,

when i started FS and went flying, for my surprise, my flight session allways freezes for about 6-8 initial seconds. And it is all about this new tech "ASE_DATA". How do i know it´s

this tech "ASE_DATA" that is bugging my FS? I just took out this lines from dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ASE-Data</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>Aerosoft\ASE_DATA\AseData.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

And magically my FS went back to the normal use, without any freeze in the start of a flight. I put it back and the freeze come back.

I saw that this two files in the root of the FS partition is ALLWAYS created: aseLogFile.txt and aseLogFile1.txt

So, i suspect that this "ASE_DATA" is using internet or doing another search somewhere that causes the initial freeeze.

So, in the end, i ask Aerosoft to review or redo this new tech called "ASE_DATA" and correct this bug. It´s really anoying to say the least.

I sent this request to Aerosoft support, but i´m making it public because it may be happening to other people too, without them knowing why.

Please Aerosoft, do something about it.

Thanks.

Ps: Please, if there is a subforum more suitable for this topic, please mods, you can move it.

• Upvote 1

Guest cptawsom

Hello,

I just made this topic to make public a problem with a new tech from Aerosoft, called "ASE_DATA". For me, it was installed with a new scenery, Aerosoft BariX. After installation,

when i started FS and went flying, for my surprise, my flight session allways freezes for about 6-8 initial seconds. And it is all about this new tech "ASE_DATA". How do i know it´s

this tech "ASE_DATA" that is bugging my FS? I just took out this lines from dll.xml:

I can also confirm this.

Simply because it only started happening just after I installed Toulouse, and Toulouse has ASE as well.

I never reported it because I've learned to live with that, however I do find it a little annoying.

Update... there is a bug indeed there, Maria is looking into it. Think it will be fixed tomorrow. The pause (actually there are three separate two second pauses) are caused by the dll.

Hi Mathijs.

Will this update be announced in this forum, or a another place?

Brgds

Stein-Ove

Hello,Just to inform that i recieved a new ASE_DATA package to test and everything is now working very well. Expect the oficial release by Aerosoft soon.

I´d like to thanks Mathijs and a special thanks to Maria Plet who so diligently resolved the issue. Thanks Aerosoft team!

• Aerosoft

Hello,Just to inform that i recieved a new ASE_DATA package to test and everything is now working very well. Expect the oficial release by Aerosoft soon.

I´d like to thanks Mathijs and a special thanks to Maria Plet who so diligently resolved the issue. Thanks Aerosoft team!

Thanks, but no need to thank us for fixing a problem we caused. You pay, you play. I'll check if this can be released tomorrow.

Thank for info.

I installed this file, all ok now, no 2 seconds stop when start sim.

But i get an error when i close down sim, sounds like this:

APPCRASH

fsx.exe

AseData.dll_unloaded.

Just for your info.

Edit: APPCRASH do not show up after loading an Aerosoft scenery including new ASE tech., but shows up if i start sim and close it down without loading any scenery at all.

Stein-Ove

Hello Stein-Ove,

please send me (maria.plet@aerosoft.de) files:

1. aseDataLog.txt, aseLoadLog.txt => C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Aerosoft\log

2. dll.xml and FSX.cfg => C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

3. Scenery.cfg => c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

Thanks

Maria

Hello Stein-Ove,

please send me (maria.plet@aerosoft.de) files:

1. aseDataLog.txt, aseLoadLog.txt => C:\Users\<USER_NAME>\AppData\Local\Aerosoft\log

2. dll.xml and FSX.cfg => C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

3. Scenery.cfg => c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

Thanks

Maria

Hi again.

No problem, i have found it.

If i wait to ASE is finish'd with it's routine when start sim, i get no error when closing sim without loading any scenery.

When closing before that, error msg show's up.

So see this as a user error. :-)

Thanks for help anyway.

Stein-Ove

Guest cptawsom

Bakern

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

The issue with ASE was/is, not when you load FSX.

But only when you start a flight.

It was/is then a pause of several (5-6) seconds, during which FSX was non-responsive both to screen updates and user input (cursor moving, clicks, etc.).

Do you still have issues with that?

Or, do you have other issues now?

I'm asking because, right now I may have a 6-sec pause at the beginning, but at least after that everything works normally and I can do my flights.

If by attempting to fix this, they have introduced other bug(s) that make FSX unusuable, this is unacceptable of course and no-go, since there is no way to revert back to the old (original) DLL versions. And my free time is very-very precious and limited, to spend a full day reinstalling FSX, with dozens of addons, hundreds of liveries, and a lot of handmade tweaking after that.

So, a direct question to Mathijs and the rest of Aerosoft staff?

Is the issue fixed, WITHOUT introducing new issues?

• Aerosoft

As far as we know, yes. It was a hard one to sort out as we had only one system that had it (mine actually). And I have no pauses what so ever right now.

Bakern

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

The issue with ASE was/is, not when you load FSX.

But only when you start a flight.

It was/is then a pause of several (5-6) seconds, during which FSX was non-responsive both to screen updates and user input (cursor moving, clicks, etc.).

Do you still have issues with that?

Or, do you have other issues now?

I'm asking because, right now I may have a 6-sec pause at the beginning, but at least after that everything works normally and I can do my flights.

If by attempting to fix this, they have introduced other bug(s) that make FSX unusuable, this is unacceptable of course and no-go, since there is no way to revert back to the old (original) DLL versions. And my free time is very-very precious and limited, to spend a full day reinstalling FSX, with dozens of addons, hundreds of liveries, and a lot of handmade tweaking after that.

Yes, it's fixed here.

The wrong thing i did, i closed sim before ASE had time to it's job. All ok now.

Stein-Ove

Interesting that the issue only affects some of the machines and not all of them. Maybe something hardware related? That affects only some hardware like amd/intel, nvidia/ati, etc? I have a friend that bought BariX too and he didn´t saw the issue. I got the issue (not anymore after the patch), the people above got too ... so i´m confused in what triggered it. :confused_s:

Well, after the patch everything is working normal in here.

• Aerosoft

Interesting that the issue only affects some of the machines and not all of them. Maybe something hardware related? That affects only some hardware like amd/intel, nvidia/ati, etc? I have a friend that bought BariX too and he didn´t saw the issue. I got the issue (not anymore after the patch), the people above got too ... so i´m confused in what triggered it. :confused_s:

Well, after the patch everything is working normal in here.

We actually do not know what caused it, we only know that when we switched some actions around it worked. Sometimes you just need to accept computer code does what it does and not try to understand, lol

Guest cptawsom

I would like to inform Aerosoft staff, that the new ASE DLLs version fixed the issue for me. There is no pause now at the start of a flight.