Twin Otter with additional sounds

spirit_66

Hi,

just downloaded the latest Version 1.21 and I'm very pleased with the product I bought.

But one negative aspect is the volume of the additional sounds (switch clicks, wiper ...)! First I couldn't hear anything when I switched on the wiper and the click volume of the switches were too low. Well, if there would be an utility where I could adjust the sounds easily I wouldn't complain. Unfortunately I had to adjust all extra sounds with sony soundforge and this was a bit annoying. I recommend to think about the quality of the extra sounds again and do a better job.

Anyway the DHC-6 is a great product.

Thanks

Spirit

The utility you describe is called FSX, and it has menu settings for just what you describe.

How very peculiar you don't mention this?

Thereafter we offer no guidance, suggestions, praise or even criticism, because in your keenness to reveal your soundforge skills you completely forget to supply any information of any merit whatsoever...

• Upvote 3

Hi Snave,

Well, thanks for your friendly answer but FSX doesn't provide any tool to adjust different sounds like wiper, different switches and so on. I guess that you're pretty much skillful with FSX so I woul appreciate to get some help from you. By the way may I ask if you designed the extra sound package? :excellenttext_s:

Spirit

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is what Snave was refering to. Depending on how the sound set works, the cockpit setting can affect the switch noise. Why not try it and see?

Why do you care if Snave designed the sound package or not? Whether or not someone who posts here designed it, one doesn't have to be the designer of something to know how to use it.

post-17951-0-95917900-1342492766_thumb.j

• Upvote 1

Hi Herman,

thanks for this information but you can be sure that I knew such things already. :lightbulb_s: The slider for cockpit is already at max.

I was talking about adjusting individual sounds. I couldn't hear the wiper and the clicks of switches so I did it my way and changed the volume of the wav-files. My idea was to have a function "sound" in the Aersoft Loader with a slider for each sound which is on the aircraft. Maybe next version or maybe never - who cares.

I thought Snave is a developer and is protecting his "Baby". :mecry_s: On the other hand I confess that I didn't like the way he talked to me. I don't intend to show off with any skills.

Regards

Spirit.

The "custom" sounds are played throught the standard windows mediaplayer application, so I suggest checking volume controls for that.

Not sure if it helps though.

Finn

Hi Finn,

well, thanks for this information. I guess you mean the loudspeaker icon in the task bar.

I already found in the speaker mixer function that I can adjust the volume separately for FSX and/or REX. Unfortunately this is only visible if the applications are active and I saw it accidently. I increased the volume there of FSX for some percent and it's better now. But this is not the whole solution for my problem because without changing the volume of the wav-files they still would be too low compared with the engine and wind noise. My way to adjust the volumes is still a need for me but I could reduce some of them now.

Thanks

Spirit