Mega Airport Zurich 2012 activation and update

777simmer

Hi,

I bought the boxed version of Zurich 2012 from a store in town.

I am still flying around with FS2004. (FSX towards the end of the year, after PC upgrade)

It seems an update is available (ver 1.02) but my aerosoft launcher says There are no updates! (I have ver 1.00)

I uninstalled Zurich and wanted to download the latest version but I could not without paying again.So, I reinstalled from my CD. I did have to enter the key, but no activation was required.Is this normal?

Launcher still says no updates available? Are updates only available to customers who bought a download or boxed version from the aerosoft website?

I have also tried to get the update from the Updates link on the aerosoft homepage. When I choose :do you wish to register another product? and enter my Box CD key (on the popup window) it tells me:"Serial number or Email adress incorrect".

I am not surprised since I did not register Zurich 2012 with my Email adress. I cant! Or dont know how :-)

Anyway, could someone please assist me in getting the update?

Regards,

Paolo.

Ps: By the way, Zurich 2012 does work beautifully in FS2004, I just want the update to hopefully fix a DME issue.

But will there still be an update for Zurich airport? I've been waiting for a very long time now. I know the developers have another job and do airports as a "hobby" but it's now a very long time ago since I've asked for an update...

• Root Admin

Hi,

the current version is...1.02(FSX),1.01(FS9)

You should find in your downloadshop area:

AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-ZURICH-2012.zip => AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-ZURICH-2012-FSX_V102.exe

AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-ZURICH-2012_FS2004.zip => AS_MEGA-AIRPORT-ZURICH-2012-FS2004_V101.exe

Latest update was at 14th june 2012 with an DME and Gate E57 fix.

Customes of the box version will find this version at the support database => http://aerosoft-shop.com/support.php?language=en

Guest cptawsom

Do we really need to uninstall v1.01 full, as the description text for v1.02 full in our shop account says, before we install v.102 full?

Or can we simply install on top of v1.01?

• Root Admin

yes, uninstall the previous version before.

I you are running the new installer you'll see a message/function to uninstall the previous version.

Ok, so I understand the following:

1)there is an update for FS9.

It updates ver 1.00 to ver 1.01

2) Everybody is entitled to this update.

No matter where you bought the box!

(I bought mine in the US)

3)As a "box buyer", I have to download from the database.

And that brings me right back to my problem, which I will repeat:

I have tried to get the update from the Updates link on the aerosoft homepage. When I choose :do you wish to register another product? and enter my Box CD key (on the popup window) it tells me:"Serial number or Email adress incorrect".

When I enter my Key code (the one inside the box), on this database webpage (the link Andreas posted), why is this page trying to match this to my email adress?

I did not buy the box from the aerosoft store, nor did I have to activate Zurich in the launcher after installing it.

I never entered my email adress anywhere during install.

(I did enter my email adress to join this forum and to get acces to the database in the first place)

so what does my email adress have to do with anything?

Does it make a difference that I bought the box in the US?

Do I have to download the update from aerosoft/US?

Paolo.

Hi Paolo,

Are you cheking you are entering the box key on the right field?

Usually people put the box key on the download one (which is the one who ask you for email)

Regards,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes I did enter the key into the right field.

But I am an idiot non the less :-)

I assumed that all I had to to is click the little circle in front of CD(BOX) and enter the code.

Your hint had me have a closer look at the webpage and then I noticed that the field on the very top, had defaulted to "Aerosoft - African Airstrip Adventures".

I had assumed that his field only has to be used if you have a download version.

After choosing Mega Airport Zurich 2012, everything was ok :-)

Thx very much.