San Francisco - No Traffic

Murfman

Hi,

I have purchased many airports sceneries from you, and this is the first one I have had problems with.

1) The first thing I noticed was that there were no airliners at the gates; I am using My Traffic X. Other than a few static aircraft and grouind service vehicles the airport is dead.

2) I also get the message that the trial period has started, then, after a few minutes I am informed that the trial period has ended. I saw where someone else had this problem, and you suggested that he needed to have administrative priviledges. Well, I do have those, but nevertheless I uninstalled the airport and tried reinstalling several times. On one of those times I went directly into the FSX folder on the install disk and right clicked on the setup.exe file and selected "open as administrator."

3) Now the airport doesn't install at all; I just see default scenery. I assume I must have exceeded a maximum number of installations or something. Any idea what's happening?

Thanks in advance,

Tom Murphy

I just wanted to add a few other comments.

When I discovered that the scenery was no longer showing up, I went into the scenery library and deleted San Franscisco. Then I selected "add scenery," went to the Aerosoft folder in the main FSX folder, found San Francisco and added it back to the scenery library. It shows up as having been installed, but the airport scenery does show up when I actually start a flight there.

The serial number that came with the disk was accepted by the install program and Aerosoft Launcher during the registration process.

Thanks

Tom

• Deputy Sheriffs

MegaAirport SFO is distributed (I believe) by Aerosoft but published by FlightBeam Studios. FlightBeam has an excellent support forum herewhere you may find your issue has already been answered.

Well, I did go over to the Flightbeam forum and discovered that if you have no buildings showing, you need to activate the scenery in Addon Manager, an FSDT product. So, I guessing the Aerosoft version has been re-tweaked to run without Addon Manager. I did check out my Addon Manager, found Flightbeam's San Francisco, and learned that it considered the scenery not installed. Just for the heck of it I tried to register the scenery with Aerosoft's product key, but of course it didn't work. I guess I'll have to depend on Aerosoft's support on this one.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Murfman, it does look like it's time for Aerosoft specific support. Sorry I couldn't help. If you haven't used it before, I suggest you sent an e-mail to support@aerosoft.com and describe your specific issue in the message. Your OP looks just fine for text. The forums here are a supplement to Aerosoft's support efforts, and as you've seen, there are sometimes delays until someone that knows about your product cruises by.