Manhattan X update

• Aerosoft

We are preparing an update for Manhattan X. We felt this is needed because the version out now has Ground Zero as an empty field while there are now some whopping big buildings there. The update will be free of charge and we will release for FSX and P3D next week.

post-43-0-30575000-1341472424_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-93908100-1341472426_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-65188000-1341472429_thumb.jpg

post-43-0-19695900-1341472432_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Awesome! I bought today US Cities X: Detroit for this wonderful price to celebrate the 4th of July :P But now with this update for Manhattan X I will buy it for sure :P

BTW, what about frames?

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Awesome! I bought today US Cities X: Detroit for this wonderful price to celebrate the 4th of July :P But now with this update for Manhattan X I will buy it for sure :P

BTW, what about frames?

Manhattan is complex and has a massive amount of polygons. It's however the car traffic that causes the real issues, if you keep that low it will not be a major issue.

Thank you for this update....

I think that's also great if you make an update for London X with the Olympique village < ;) ... that's the moment ...

Only problem with the Olympic village in Stratford is most of it will be torn down after the games, and I dont think VFR London goes out that far into greater london.

Only problem with the Olympic village in Straford is most of it will be torn down after the games, and I dont think VFR London goes out that far into greater london.

could add the Shard though!

I would really like to get it as a small update as I use one of the early installers from Manhattan X that keeps the transparent windows on the buildings which need some resources, but I too much love the eye candy. Pleas no complete new installer if possible. I would really love to keep my early version.

Cheers, Roland

could add the Shard though!

True, though the only problem with London is if Im not mistaken, it was developed by Horizon and published by Aerosoft. Maybe we should petition Horizon :lol:

Manhattan is complex and has a massive amount of polygons. It's however the car traffic that causes the real issues, if you keep that low it will not be a major issue.

More than car traffic, make sure your water settings are not on super-high! Just one notch down from the highest water detail setting will net you a huge performance boost.

:excellenttext_s: Thank you (Merci)!

Also, will the current Aerosoft Launcher v1.1.0.1 show users when it has been released? Or, will it also be update with this build inorder to do so?

I really like the addition of this utility although it is still a little buggy and cannot handle older installers (eg. reading all the product.cfg to get the correct patched versions as well). I will report more in the correct section but definitely keep this tool updated along with great sceneries like Manhattan X.

• Upvote 1

This is terrific news. The update looks great! It's good to know this scenery has not been forgotten. Hopefully they will also fix the floating buildings that were reported early on.

Living in New York, I fly this scenery often and it's nearly perfect. Improvements that would be nice would be better model of the Empire State building with more accurate night lighting, adding the animated tram (Roosevelt Island Tram) that runs next to the 59th street bridge, and the Cloisters in Fort Tyron Park. They are lesser know by tourists but very unique to Manhattan and would make the scenery that much more awesome. I know any addition will impact an already FPS demanding scenery but here's to wishful thinking.

• Aerosoft

The files are currently being send to the installer guys so I expect this new version to be out in a day or two. I just done the fps tests and am pleasantly surprised. With high settings (there must be hundreds of cars driving around in the shot I attach) I get up to 40 fps without any issues. This is one of those project however where using a limited FPS really hurts. If I set it to 30 I only get 25 or so, if I set it to unlimited I get 40 fps, with better smoothness. Go figure.

post-43-0-54569500-1341837855_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Simply awesome!

I work on the water on the Hudson & East Rivers, and around the Battery & GI. Manhattan X is one of my favorite sceneries to just fly around in a helo. Seeing the update (especially at GZ) is amazing.

Thanks for the update!

Have you included a scenery update at Pier 86 (Intrepid) to include Enterprise? :)

Shot I took when she arrived...

http://www.arcticspi...rrival/shuttle4

• Aerosoft

Nice, and thank you! During the update, will the floating buildings in the upper west side be addressed?

If the correct settings are used and there are no conflicting scenery products that change the mesh all should be well.

Mathijs,

Thanks again for the update. I believe the floating buildings has been an issue reported early on when the scenery was first released and still exist with the proper settings. They are located mostly in central and west harlem west of where Columbia University is. There is also a small strip south of the 59th Street Bridge on the east side by the river. There really aren't that many notable buildings in harlem and it wasn't until another poster commented on them that I noticed.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/22675-manhattenx-airborn-buildings/page__hl__+manhattanx%20+floating#entry200565

2012-7-11_13-11-18-489.jpg

2012-7-11_13-2-43-146.jpg

2012-7-11_12-59-31-659.jpg