Shockwave lighting

mica001

Sorry if this has already been covered, if so I did not see anything, but I have gotten Shockwave lights and have been configuring some of my payware aircraft for use of this then came to the Catalina and noticed that the cfg has shockwave lighting configuration already there but nothing in the panel.

I do not know much about all this. Is there something I need to do to get shockwave to function with the Catalina? Is it already automatically working once I install Shockwave lights? Do I need to remove the standard lighting config to activate the shockwave?

Confused but hanging in there.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

You are not asking for support for the Catalina. You are asking for support for Shockwave lights.

Not the correct forum

Read the instructions from Shockwave regarding the implementation of Shockwave lights, then you will understand why, how and what has been done in the Catalina .cfg's regarding Shockwave lights.

It's simple substitution making life easier. Its a manual modification.

I have gone for a time without a response from the support team and then I get a response from a member.

Is there no support from the support team here anymore?

I notice that from other posts made here and there.

Aerosoft it seems has no problems taking money for their products, just problems giving support.

Snave, appreciate the help. The shockwave lighting is already built into the Cat so I was expecting it to be an Aerosoft support issue, not a shockwave issue. Here in the US when you by a product you get support from the initial product designer, not from a designer of a PART of the product, but I will seek the answer elsewhere and in the future I now know that Aerosoft support is lacking and left up to other members, not the support staff.

Other support sites I purchase products from all seem to be there when help is needed but here it seems that the help is little and none really at all.

Please feel free to make a comeback if you wish but from my end I posted this a while back and got no response thus my feelings about this are justified.

In other words, Aerosoft support has much to be desired.

Where exactly in the Aerosoft Store did you purchase Shockwave Lights? If you are saying you purchased that product from Aerosoft and they are not giving you any support I can understand your anger, but if you purchased the Shockwave product somewhere else, you should go to thier web forum for support. If you downloaded a skin from some texture artist and it did not look proper on the Cat would you then say Aerosoft had a poor tech support for not giving you assistance to correct the texture to your satisfaction?

Dave

Where exactly in the Aerosoft Store did you purchase Shockwave Lights? If you are saying you purchased that product from Aerosoft and they are not giving you any support I can understand your anger, but if you purchased the Shockwave product somewhere else, you should go to thier web forum for support. If you downloaded a skin from some texture artist and it did not look proper on the Cat would you then say Aerosoft had a poor tech support for not giving you assistance to correct the texture to your satisfaction?

Dave

Exactly what he said. No pithy comeback needed Mica001, just some personal responsibility and understanding about the products you buy. You don't even seem to understand the nature of the relationship between the sim, the addon and the addon to the addon... but you've bought all three.

Any one, there's an excuse. But all three..?

You are precisely the reason that Aerosoft leaves support for non-Aerosoft products to others.

• Upvote 4

THe shockwave lighting is written into the Cat already from the day I purchased it even before I purchased the actual shockwave lighting.

If you buy a car and it breaks down do you go to the dealer that sold the car or the company that made the part that broke down.

but the fact remains that there has been no support from aerosoft even a reply. But seriously. No problem from me. I can live jsut fine without aerosoft products believe me. Just thought I would ask and get some feedback from them.Not from other members.

No biggy at all. I haven't spent that much in aerosoft products anyway.

Hi Mica,

To be honest i have no clue about the Shockwave lights as i don't the airplaine nor the lights.

Maybe there is some workaround to do but on the shockwave side.

Can you take a look on the documentation they provide?

Regards,

Alex

Classic.

THe shockwave lighting is written into the Cat already from the day I purchased it even before I purchased the actual shockwave lighting.

If you buy a car and it breaks down do you go to the dealer that sold the car or the company that made the part that broke down.

You buy a car that comes pre-configured for bluetooth. But you don't have a bluetooth phone - and that's the car makers fault?

So, you finally realise that the car maker has no responsibility to give you a bluetooth phone just becuase they provide the in-built connection for one. So you go out and buy one. And whose instructions do you read to get the phone to talk to the car... the car maker or the phone maker?

You've got some learning to do boy.

• Upvote 2

but the fact remains that there has been no support from aerosoft even a reply. But seriously. No problem from me. I can live jsut fine without aerosoft products believe me. Just thought I would ask and get some feedback from them.Not from other members.

No biggy at all. I haven't spent that much in aerosoft products anyway.

Oh, OK.

Then you won't need an answer now anyway on this or any other question.

And you're none the worse for it..

...oh wait. You are...

:dumb_me_s:

Mr Snave!

May I ask from You that is this really all what about Aerosoft customer forum to give their customers?

I planned to buy Catalina but I'm not sure now. If I bought it and mayby I need some help and only what I'll get is stupid sarcasm like above and some car story... All threads seems to be a same line with Yours comments.

But yes - Who cares what You thinks - eeeh... Hmmmm... Wise guy?

Sorry for the late reply....

It is true that the aircraft.cfg come pre-configured for the shockwavelights - that was only meant as a service for our customers.

But we cannot / will not provide any support for a product that isn't our own - please understand.

You can install the shockwave lights and add // before the original lights as well as removing the // for the shockwave lights.

If it works then fine, if not - please search the A2A forum for help on those, cause the shockwave lights are their product.

On later product we did not add this service for the very same reason.

Please also note !

We try our best to provide support right form the "horsesmouth", but most often the inputs from other customers here are as usefull as the ones we can give, but I think I will put a bit more effort in to keep track of the older projects I have been involved in.

Finn

• Upvote 1

Mr Snave!

May I ask from You that is this really all what about Aerosoft customer forum to give their customers?

I planned to buy Catalina but I'm not sure now. If I bought it and mayby I need some help and only what I'll get is stupid sarcasm like above and some car story... All threads seems to be a same line with Yours comments.

But yes - Who cares what You thinks - eeeh... Hmmmm... Wise guy?

Not sure what you are trying to say in your first sentence but as far as the Catalina is conserned I have had it for a while now and still fly it regularly as it is complex enough to be a challange. Since it has been around for a while you will find an answer to any question you have somewhere in this forum or on the internet in general. If you are interested in it, do not let snave discourage you as he will not be in the cockpit with you when you are flying :) As far as the answers to the original poster, had he just searched the internet instead of engaging in a pointless discussion, he would already have the lights installed and working.

Dave

Not only do I not care what `it` says (no gender: recent joiner: so late to the party must be a retard) I really don't give a monkeys what their opinion is of me. My credibility and integrity is a known quantity and I have provided advice and guidance in the topic, while they have provided none - not even their identity.

I do wish people would stop confusing the right to have an opinion with the ability to express it. Far more important is the requirement to understand whether the opinion is worthy of expression - in case it reveals more about the opiner.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"?

Mark Twain

And he wasn't a simmer.

Not sure what you are trying to say in your first sentence but as far as the Catalina is conserned I have had it for a while now and still fly it regularly as it is complex enough to be a challange. Since it has been around for a while you will find an answer to any question you have somewhere in this forum or on the internet in general. If you are interested in it, do not let snave discourage you as he will not be in the cockpit with you when you are flying :) As far as the answers to the original poster, had he just searched the internet instead of engaging in a pointless discussion, he would already have the lights installed and working.

Dave

The CatalinaX seems to be a nice and I believe that it's about what the developers promised. I watched a video. I have A2A's Stratocruiser and I like vintage plane like these are -> no Ctrl+E system and working buttons and system. They are newer perfect and we customers - we are a beta tester and there is all to time some problems with addons like this because they are came more complex but this isn't big problem if we get help from developers as we need it.

If we want to get more some kind realism like lights or cockpit sounds like Accu-Feel to provide we must buy them because they don't belong to package but they can to put together but some times we need a little bit help for that. Is it really so big deal to give help question like this although a question are an other company products. Caredado gives help Reality XP's, ORBX gives help many freeware/payware and so on. This is what I call customer service and everybody are happy and vice versa, ofcourse.

We can find answeres almost every question via internet today but sometimes it's take a lot times to find a right answere but if we can go to direct to the products forum with ours problems and get helps is more easier. I want to use my products - not sitting and searching some possible solution to my problems hours after hours. The trend is today that customers help customer - during an old good days seller helps customers and they cares them, too...

Every body choice his way and I'll turn my to the DC-6 if it some times come out.

Sorry my poor english and have a nice day.

How do you come to your conclusion that the customers are beta testers? Aerosoft have a very large and talented team of beta testers as Im sure A2A do also.