Annoying airport vehicles

butthead

I like to have them around, but they often are in the way for my taxing aircraft. They stop and hold in taxiways. I have got used to this, and just run them over, but today at M.A. Zurich they crossed rwy28 during takeoff. I also use M.A. Arlanda.

I could change settings to 0% vehicles, but wouldn't like a dead airport like in the langoliars movie either.

Br,

Magnus

+1

Even though I have unchecked the "can collide with dynamic scenery" setting, I crashed into a service vehicle yesterday in Munich after a 2 hours flight. I guess FSPassengers was causing this. It was not the first time. Escpecially Munich with the narrow bridges connecting the Aprons to the runway area, causes problems if one happens to end up in a head-on situation with apron traffic. They do not seem to make way, neither can I back up.

Finally, I deactivated the apron traffic yesterday. It would be nice to have them around but I won't risk another flight ending in a unnecessary crash.

I agree, they are a pain in the proverbial B****! I too have found I have switched them all off at 90% of my airports, but as has been said, it would be nice to have a small amount instead of it looking like Piccadilly Circus on a bank holiday Monday ;)

Hi,

It is not FSPassengers, because I don't use that program. It is either FSX or Aerosoft Mega Airport. Starting more now to believe it is FSX itself.

• Developer

Please make a difference between the FSX generated Apron Traffic and the Scenery generate AESLite Apron traffic.

When you have a scenery with AESlite traffic, please set the FSX Setting for the APRON Traffic to 0% otherwise you have a mix of them. The AESLite traffic will take care about the taxiing of the users aircraft.

At the moment we have no chance to "exclude" the FSX generate Traffic automatically, when AESlite is used at the airport.

The AESLite traffic will take care about the taxiing of the users aircraft.

Now that's interesting. I didn't know that they actually have some inteligent behaviour. I will follow your hint and make sure the FSX traffic is deactivated. Let's see how that will improve things. Do I have the AESLite traffic as well in the case I have the airport fully activated?

• Deputy Sheriffs

AESLite, when included in an airport scenery, normally has a separate control panel. Look in the Start menu folder for the airport (the folder with the manuals and charts). If the icon looks like a traffic light and has the name of the airport followed by "Traffic" you turn AESLite on and off that way.