Airbus X Autoland HELP

avidgamer32

Ok, I'm not enjoying the Airbus X anymore. The flight is ok untill I need to autoland. I engage the loc button and it tracks the lateral path of the localiser. When the glide slope is captured (when the needle starts to move) I try to press the APPR button but it doesn't illuminate, doesn't work and disengages the loc. Another issue is with the AP1/2. I have AP1 engaged and when I klick AP2 it just switches off AP1 and engages AP2. Please help.

Regards,

Felix

Hi Avidgamer,

What is your configuration at the moment you capture the glideslope?

Are your flaps down? the correct approach speed (remember the weight of the airplane may affect it so you have to check you have the correct speed depending on the weight).

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks for the reply Alex,

I can't capture the glide slope, however when I reach the point of *capture* after I have captured the localizer I am fully configured for landing with the FMC V-REF speeds.

Regards,

Felix

Hi Felix. I worked on the original Airbus X beta (and currently the Extended version).

It's been a while since I've used Autoland, but if I remember correctly:

1) Ensure you are 7-10nm from the airport.

2) Approach from a 45 degree angle and be below the glide slope.

3) AP1 should be on. Press the LOC button before intercepting the localised.

4) Once the GS indicator moves down to the centre position press APPR.

5) Now Press AP2 and it should supply DUAL on the PFD.

Note that AP2 will not engage with AP1 at the same time unless both the localiser and glide slope are established with the LOC and APPR on.

I hope that helps.

Chris