Vimaiscn.dll and g2d.dll errors

Hi,

as the topic says, I got the first error when on approach to (Aerosoft) EDDF flying from (Aerosoft) EDDM and the second one when on approach to (Scansim) Kastrup EKCH, also flying from EDDM. It happened for the first time that I've had any kind of a problem with AES...

Changes:

- I installed EDDF, EDDM airport vehicles plus Gategourmet/Skychefs catering truck. On the very first flight, EDDM-EDDF I got the vimaiscn.dll error

- Today I installed EKCH V.3 and EKCH airport vehicles and made a succesful flight from EKCH to EDDM. On the return flight, EDDM-EKCH, I got G2d.dll error, approximately the same distance away from EKCH as from EDDF yesterday.

Is it possible, that those newly installed airport vehicles textures caused the errors?

I did save all newly installed texture files in imagetoolFS all over again after the first error, just to eliminate the possibility of a corrupted DXT1 texture...

Any hint/help much appreciated... :)

Regards,

Jure

P.S.: I am running FS on a dedicated computer with 3GB switch and LAA. As I said before, no problems whatsoever. So far.

Hi Oliver,

sorry for the omission, here are the answers:

- yes, running FS9.1,

- the old Flight1 Ultimate traffic but expanded heavily (no changes in a year)

- AES 2.23a

- E8500 processor (no OCing)

- nVidia GeForce GTX 460

- 4GB Ram

- Win XP SP 3

Thanks!

Regards,

Jure

• Developer

Can you tell me the Versionnumbers of the Vistamare Modules, which you can check via the Vistamare -> About Menu.

Are you sure that it was the g2d.dll or could it be the g3D.dll?

Oliver,

it was g2D.dll, I checked again.

Vistamare version:

- FS Core intf: 20.026

- IntelliScene: 2004.0.20

- Sound/Dyn player: not present

- ViMaCoreNet: 0.0.3.0

Jure

• Developer

Module Versions are ok, so I did not expect that AES will generate the issue, it is only the first module effected by an OOM issue.

The g2D.dll is not related to scenery/AES parts, it is responsable for the 2D Panel.

Maybe you can find some tips for solutions here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/19147-ooms-ctds-and-maybe-more/

Oliver,

thank you for your help... I have an idea which I will try out this afternoon. There must have been some change that caused these errors.... g2D.dll error is pointing it's digital finger to a DirectX and graphics drivers reinstall and if that won't work, rollback to a previous state should do it. I will report back.

Regards,

Jure

Oliver,

I reinstalled DirectX 9.0c and the latest nVidia drivers for my GeForce GTX 460.

I got the g2D.dll crash at precisely the same spot, coming to Copenhagen Kastrup airport. I was in virtual cockpit at the time. It is repeatable and what I will do is to re-install AES 2.23a and remove the repainted vehicles.

Regards,

Jure

Oliver,

my first attempt was to remove all repaints and reinstall AES 2.23a. So, just a clean AES 2.23a, nothing else. It worked, no error flying to EDDF where I first got into trouble. I will try the other flight to Copenhagen and if that works, install just one airport vehicles set and see what it does.

WIll report back, thanks for your suggestions!

Regards,

Jure