EKCH version 3 released...

Didn't even think of checking that list considering version 3 of EKCH was released after the latest version of AES but this is great news, will try it out tomorrow!

Thanks Soeren, guess I was a bit fast asking before checking it out more thorough myself but as I said above I didn't even think of the possibility AES would support a new version that quick ;-)

OK, so I just landed at the new version 3 EKCH and after vacating rwy 22L I asked for the follow-me car to take me to gate D2. I showed up just fine but all of a sudden it disappeared while driving in front of me on taxiway B and after this whenever I opened the AES window the only option I had was to cancel the follow-me car but nothing happened when I pressed F1 for this to happen and things stayed like this all the way to the gate and even after shutting down the engines and setting the parking brake so I was not able to ask for deboarding, cleaning etc and since this will be a turn-around flight with only a short stop before going back to ESSA I will not be able to ask for food, boarding and will not be able to use the AES push-back feature I guess. Also when arriving at the gate the jetway looks very static so I guess what happened is all of a sudden AES "crashed" in some way...?

Hopefully just a one-time-only problem or has anyone else seen this too? I have never experienced this before and I only fly to AES airports almost one flight/day...

Hi Guys,

I'm a little lost here. EKCH ver 3 was released 29 June 2012 right? The release notes list in AES ver 2.23a list EKCH Ver 3 supported from AES 2.10. Now I think AES 2.10 was released about February 2011.

So either EKCH ver 3 presents no change to AES or one of the entries are wrong and an update is pending. Any guidance please?

regards

Kelvin

Kelvin,

AES at EKCH v.3 works perfectly on my installation. What I did was open AES, turned EKCH off and then back to on. I am flying a lot to EKCH these days because I am investigating a crash of my FS9 when getting close to the airport, but whenever I make it to the ground, everything works perfeclty. Follow me, the gates, vehicles...

Regards,

Jure

Hi Jure,

Thanks for your response. I personally don't have this problem as I don't have the scenery. I was trying to help WebMaximus get along with his problem

regards

Kelvin

Hi Guys,

I'm a little lost here. EKCH ver 3 was released 29 June 2012 right? The release notes list in AES ver 2.23a list EKCH Ver 3 supported from AES 2.10. Now I think AES 2.10 was released about February 2011.

So either EKCH ver 3 presents no change to AES or one of the entries are wrong and an update is pending. Any guidance please?

regards

Kelvin

This is exactly what puzzled me too when I posted my original quesiton so would be nice to have some comment from Oliver on this and a confirmation the latest version of AES indeed is compatible with the very newly released version 3 of EKCH.

I can also mention that I never had time return to ESSA yesterday as I had planned and now when I started FSX still sitting at D2 at EKCH AES works just fine again so maybe it only was the one-time-only type of problem...at least I hope so. Will do the return flight back to ESSA in a short while so will be interesting to see if AES behaves normally.

Kelvin,

AES at EKCH v.3 works perfectly on my installation. What I did was open AES, turned EKCH off and then back to on. I am flying a lot to EKCH these days because I am investigating a crash of my FS9 when getting close to the airport, but whenever I make it to the ground, everything works perfeclty. Follow me, the gates, vehicles...

Regards,

Jure

Hi Jure,

Thanks for your input, just to make sure I will also disable and then re-enable EKCH in AES before flying out of EKCH tonight. Then you mention FS9 which makes me believe that's the version of FS you're running and since I run FSX I'm not sure if you can compare these two but never mind - I will simply keep my fingers crossed everything works fine this time :)

I installed the EKCH update with the latest AES, I did have to re-sync in order to get the airbridges to appear. I found it to work almost but not quite perfectly... Everything was fine until I requested a follow-me car from 22L B4 to the assigned gate Alpha23. The car took a 'reasonable' (if not quite right) route on B and C as far as runway 12/30 but then went off along taxiway F2 instead of the expected A, Z, L and J - taking me to a stand on the 'Apron West' instead of Alpha23...! Any idea what is going on with that?

Geoff

To me it sounds like it would be a great idea if Oliver could have a look at the latest version of EKCH since we're a couple of people now who experienced problems with it together with AES.

Did an FSX flight into Copenhagen and had no trouble with the "follow me" car or any ground services. Most of the gates were filled but I think that I had too high a % of UT aircraft. Scenery and AES all worked perfectly.

Jack

• Developer

Have checked the Followme, 22L B5 to D2 and B4 to A23 works perfect for me. In both cases the Followme was called just after exit the runway.