Van Nuys "don't miss" items

obie311

I was very glad to hear you are putting the Van Nuys airport on your agenda. It is my home field and one of the busiest (if not the busiest) GA and corporate fields in the US.

Last week I was sitting with my family on the patio of the 94th Aero Squadron and, in addition to countless bizjets (possibly one of John Travolta's), we saw an L-39, SF260, AT-6, P-51, and what looked to be a PC-9 with a military roundel on it.

So please include the 94th Aero Squadron in the scenery package. Other don't miss items are the swimming pool at Clay Lacy's FBO, the LA City Fire helo base, lots of news choppers, the AirTel hotel, and the VolPar hangars.

Regards,

Obie

Also, if I may add... The Sherman Way tunnell and the four golf courses (two 9-hole courses and two 18-hole courses) directly south of the (most often) active runways, 16L and 16R. Something more than just a photo-real turf with autogen trees dumped in the middle of fairways, please.

Hi guys,

We will try make it as realistic as it could be. However remember that sometimes, including specific places can be subject to copyrights which sometimes are quite difficult to obtain from the places, administratrion, etc.

We will do our best.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

We will try make it as realistic as it could be. However remember that sometimes, including specific places can be subject to copyrights which sometimes are quite difficult to obtain from the places, administration, etc.

We will do our best.

Cheers,

Alex

I'm sure the response will vary from organization to organization. However I used to work in films and well-known retailers would supply our prop and art departments with branded items they would like to expose to the moviegoers.

Perhaps some of the best known examples of this type of exposure would be the BMW or Aston Martin automobiles, clothing, liquor, and Rolex watches for James Bond films.

I was thinking that airport scenery could be rendered realistically by including the logos of aircraft manufacturers and petroleum companies or other aviation related businesses that actually exist. How much they might pay for this (if any) would be uncertain. However if you could approach the product placement firm (sometimes they use outside entities http://www.la411.com...y-cid-50471.htm) and give them your approximate "viewership" (units sold of your previous products) perhaps they would be interested. If nothing else they could cooperate by supplying clearances, clean graphics and references.

Aerosoft has a good product and reputation and, IMHO, it would be a short-sighted aviation related company that would turn down the exposure.

Kind Regards,

Obie311

Also, if I may add... The Sherman Way tunnell and the four golf courses (two 9-hole courses and two 18-hole courses) directly south of the (most often) active runways, 16L and 16R. Something more than just a photo-real turf with autogen trees dumped in the middle of fairways, please.

Oh yeah absolutely the Sherman Way tunnel. Also I forgot about the Condor Squadron (http://www.condorsquadron.org/Condor_Squadron/Home.html) on the West side of the runway they are a must!