Flight Sim Commander X 8.6 no longer running

degt

I had to reformat my PC and the new "revived" PC has now Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits. I have copied both my FSX & FS9 installations from the old disk.

I tried to run FSC and I see the splash screen displaying some action messages like "reading GPS fixes" etc. then it shows some messages about reading some FS 2004 stuff but nothing about my FSX data, why?

But the main problem here is that at some point right after "Reading World Polygons" it stops there and the splash screen disappears and nothing else. No FSC main window.

What is wrong here? There is some log file but it only shows positive messages and nothing about a failure.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I had to reformat my PC and the new "revived" PC has now Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits. I have copied both my FSX & FS9 installations from the old disk.

I tried to run FSC and I see the splash screen displaying some action messages like "reading GPS fixes" etc. then it shows some messages about reading some FS 2004 stuff but nothing about my FSX data, why?

But the main problem here is that at some point right after "Reading World Polygons" it stops there and the splash screen disappears and nothing else. No FSC main window.

What is wrong here? There is some log file but it only shows positive messages and nothing about a failure.

Same problem as in yout other post! :rolleyes:

Indeed. copying software and not installing it can lead to all these kinds of problems.

Well, I reinstalled FSX from scratch unless of course FSC is installing a DLL somewhere else outside its own installation directory. However, you would expect that the software would at least give the user a decent clue as to what is wrong, it is called "graceful error handling" :-)

Hi Degt,

Sometimes is quite hard to put all in the program.

However, a clue is always use the feature of uninstall/reinstall/repair a program. It saves problems of missing files, wrong folders, etc.

Believe, I had to deal myself with that when installed other software...Was a headache!

Cheers,

Alex