Aerosoft Bronco X 1.12 Update (Multiplayer update)

Finn

Hey Finn, gotta question.

Does the Checklist gauge cause the plane to flood even if you are not using it in a shared cockpit situation?

JB

In normal multiplayer the checklist gauge works just fine - no ssue.

But in shared cockpit alot more information is shared between the host and the joining PC.

In this case the checklist gauge seems to be too big to be able to be processedover the mutliplayer server(s) thus causing CTD's.

So it´s only when using the Bronco in shared cockpit mode, You should worry about that checklist gauge and thus disable it as described.

We ar unhappy not having ben able to fix this, cause it would have been a great way to have someone learn other pilots how to operate the Bronco, by use of the checlist gauge, but despite our great efforts, we did not succeed to fix it.

Finn

Hey Finn.. I am really sorry to say that the bronco is still flooding 10 to 1 on the multiplayer servers. It makes no difference whether you enable or disable the Checklist gauge.

So unfortunately, I am unable to fly it on my normal Multiplayer server at Digital themepark as it kicks other players out and uses way too much bandwith of the server.

Can you please mail me regarding this at the mail I have registered here on the aerosoft forums..

Thanks

Are You 100% sure that You did install the 1.12 Update correctly ?

The checklist gauge only needs to be disabled if You want to use the Bronco in shared cockpit.

The 1.12 Update has been developed in very close coopération with Geoff, who runs The FS-MP server, and has fixed multiplayer issues for many other addon developers.

You can join his server here: www.FS-MP.com/index.html

Actual flooding level can be read there too along total flooding.

Please....other customers - give us feedback on Your experience with 1.12 !!

Finn

Ok, I just checked the version I had installed. It was 1.11. I will try again and download 1.12. Maybe I made a mistake and downloaded the wrong version..

Will let ya all know.

Finn.. I see the problem now...

I originally went to my account page to download the update where I saw a full version of 1.12 and an update for 1.11 to 1.12.

I decided to just download the full version listed as 1.12. But the full version is in actuality, 1.11 and it needs the update to bring it to 1.12.

You guys need to change the title of the full version download from 1.12 to 1.11, or else people like myself will make the mistake of installing the full version 1.11 thinking it's 1.12.

Thanks Buz for Your finding...

Actually I recomended that 1.12 should be held as an optional update, mostly because it doesn't add any new features apart from slightly better FPS.

I will forward You finding to the right persons.

Finn

Hey Finn. Is there any difference in how the engines, or more specifically the prop govenors act from version 1.11 to 1.12? It seems that in 1.12, when you bring the conditioner lever down (lower RPM), that the props slow down much quicker when there is no torque on the engines.

Goto your accounts page. Download the full version of 1.12 (Which is actually 1.11). And then download the update from 1.11 to 1.12 that is also on your accounts page.

Hey Finn. Is there any difference in how the engines, or more specifically the prop govenors act from version 1.11 to 1.12? It seems that in 1.12, when you bring the conditioner lever down (lower RPM), that the props slow down much quicker when there is no torque on the engines.

Hey Buzz

Generaly the engine controlling code has not changed, but as a sideeffect of reducing the so called "Key events", which are the cause of packet flooding in multiplayer, engine control has become more direct.

Personally I find it more realistic for a geared turboprop engine, but other users might not - thus my initial plea for keeping the 1.12 as an optional update.

This would mean that people who don´t intend to use the Bronco in multiplayer, had the option to use the old 1.11th smoother engine controls.

The benefit of 1.12 for all users are the better performance FPS wise, especially with the GPS turned on in Map mode.

So bottom line is: Yes engine behaviour has changed with 1.12 - but in a way I find to be more realistic.

Best regards

Finn

Fabulous Finn... I have to say that you are the worlds most honest FSX Developer.

Most devs would come back and say nothing has changed. Thank you!

I love the Bronco and further more, I am extatic that you guys made it multiplayer compatible. You have my business everytime you release an aircraft.

Thanks again.