Hello all, I have recently been wanting to use FPS limiter 0.2 for starting FSX to see if I could get a better framerate with addon aircraft (i.e. Airbus X).

I can create the bat file correctly (I have JRE6U31 and JRE7U3 installed), but when I try to start FSX it never does it. I have looked all over the 'interwebs' but nothing seems to help. If anyone has any idea what's wrong it would be helpful, as I am no expert in batch files.

I attached a screenshot of the DOS window that pops up when I try to start FSX.

post-34207-0-94783800-1340761881_thumb.p

• Deputy Sheriffs

Cptawsom's tip is hands down the best way to implement a frame limiter if you have an nVidia card. If not, or you have compatability problems for some reason, read on.

I see you installed FSX in the default location (c:\program files (x86)...). Most likely the source of your problems, because you may well be running into UAC issues. I strongly suggest setting up your .bat file for the frame limiter, and most importantly, FSX, to "Run as Adminsitrator." AND, if you ever re-install FSX, do not choose the default location. Install in a separate folder under the root (named "FSX" or whatever you like). Better yet, install it to run from a dedicated hard drive.

To experiment to see if this can help, when you want to run the two files, right click and then choose to "Run as Adminstrator." To make it permanant, right click on the file for the Property page, then go to the Compatability tab and check "Run this program as an administrator." Just to be sure things start clean, reboot and then start the frame limiter bat file then FSX (you won't have to right click once you're made the permanant fix).

• Aerosoft

I am still not convinced at all that a framerate cap is a good idea. Clearly the on in FSX is broken, you should only use it when you get 50+ fps and stutters. But even with the Nvidia thing I see that is simply slows down FSX. In some locations I am not able to get to the set 30 fps when that limit is set. When I remove the limit I get 40 fps without loosing any smoothness.

• Upvote 1