AES Jetway Seals

Dear AES Team and who it may concern,

This topic is in no means a complaint, it is just a question I have which is playing on my mind.

When I configure aircraft by setting perimeters of the doors I seem to do it in such a way that the water proof seals on jetways never seem to completely extend over the aircraft. Now on some of my aircraft the seals do fully extend.

However, on a great deal of aircraft this is not the case. I am not sure weather it is AES or the aircraft in question that are causing the problem.

To recap, the question is:

How can I make the water proof seals on the jetways extend fully over the aircraft?

Here is a picture to show what I mean:

800px-Airindiaairbusa320.jpg

All answers are welcome and I will most appreciate it

Daniel Burt

Guest cptawsom

Dear AES Team and who it may concern,

This topic is in no means a complaint, it is just a question I have which is playing on my mind.

When I configure aircraft by setting perimeters of the doors I seem to do it in such a way that the water proof seals on jetways never seem to completely extend over the aircraft. Now on some of my aircraft the seals do fully extend.

However, on a great deal of aircraft this is not the case. I am not sure weather it is AES or the aircraft in question that are causing the problem.

To recap, the question is:

How can I make the water proof seals on the jetways extend fully over the aircraft?

Here is a picture to show what I mean:

All answers are welcome and I will most appreciate it

Daniel Burt

Common sense/logic dictates, that this differs, depending on the vertical curvature of your aircraft's fuselage side wall.

So wider aircraft (widebodies) because they are also higher, and aircraft with two decks (A380, B747), will have less curvature, and these seals will have to "bend" less, to fully envelop the door.

I suspect what you're seeing is that the airplanes you're using are too small (in diameter) for the animated awning to fully cover it. The awning always extends fully (the awning just "disappears" into the fuselage), so if it's not covering, then it's because the awning can't go any further.

BTW, the jetway awning isn't to fully seal the connection. Even in your picture you can see the forward upper corner of the awning is separated from the fuselage by a fairly good amount. The purpose of the device is simply to provide shade and some shelter from the weather. It was never intended to be watertight, much less airtight.

Here's a good shot of a CRJ at a jetway -

As you can see, the jetway awning just barely touches the fuselage at the back. Also, with the CRJ (and any other aircraft with integral air stairs) a "bridge" piece has to be used with the jetway, making the awning even less likely to fully cover the gap.

• Upvote 1

Here's examples of what I mean:

A) Concorde with a fully extended Jetway Seal connected to the aircraft B) 757 with the seal not completely covering the outer fuselage. I've had some worse scenarios where the seal doesn't extend at all.