London VFR, Patch 1.2 and the DX10 Preview repair

Paul K

( EDITED because I have now found v1.2 patch )

I am running FSX in DX10 preview, the reasons for which I won't go into. There are graphics problems with it, and so I started searching the web for a possible solution. I came across this review at Avsim...

http://www.avsim.com...oft/LondonX.htm

...and scrolling to the bottom of it, found this...( my emphasis )

When you install the 1.20 patch it recommends that you do not use the DirectX 10 Preview, but if you want to, you can use the included program to change the textures for the DirectX 10 Preview.

I have found patch 1.2 ( and 1.3 which I never knew existed ) in the product support section, but I'm having a problem installing it as it wont accept my email or product key. That aside, has anyone tried the 'included program' mentioned above or can anyone even verify there is such a program ?

Here is a screenshot, with the graphics problems arrowed. The trees shimmer too, though that is not apparent in the picture.

01Domeglitch1300.jpg

Thanks for any help :)

Thanks for the reply, Mathijs. I eventually found the program when I reinstalled VFR London - its placed in the EGCL folder, not the London one. Anyway, I've tried it out and it makes no difference, so I assume its relevant to London City airport alone.

I'm now having problems at that airport with two sets of runway markings showing, and out in London itself, a number of buildings hovering just above the ground. I'm pretty sure the doubled-up runway markings are a known problem, so I'll search the various forums on that one . As for the floating buildings, haven't found anything yet

One day I will actually get to fly in FSX, rather than spending hour after hour fiddling with it. My patience is wearing a bit thin, I can tell you. ;)