Bari taxi signs black back?

jgoggi

Hi, I notice in the Bari scenery that all the taxiway vertical signs have a black back side (see attached screen). Is that normal or am I missing some textures?

Thank you.

post-19486-0-10133400-1340217000_thumb.j

Its quite possibly perfectly normal. A lot of airports have taxiway signs that as essentially a black box with an illuinated sign face.

Heres an image I've been using as reference for scaling from a manufacturer of taxiway signs

4.1.4_main_HR_A.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

First: I can not accept that others are voted down for a correct suggestion!

Indeed it seems that something went wrong with the installation, as the signs should look like this:

For the TO: check if there are some files with the ending .blob in Bari scenery directory.

For the TO: check if there are some files with the ending .blob in Bari scenery directory.

I will check tonight at home, even if I guess the blob files replace the bgl files, not the textures.

What should be the texture file involved in the taxi sign texture? I also noticed this problem with Frankfurt Mega airport, after installing the new runway file, so maybe it is an FSX texture missing, not related to the single scenery?

jgoggi

This issue has nothing to do with the bgl's, the textures or your hardware, please check your display settings.

Wrong settings on Graphics, Aircraft, Scenery, Terrain and water, weather and traffic can cause exacly this problem.

Graphics

-Turn on the filtering and use "Anisotropic"

-Use no unlimited framerate (30~50 frames can be for low-power computers just fine)

-please... Deactivate the DirectX-10 view!!!

-The Informational text can be a "Single line"

-Turn off the "Lens flare"

-The Full screen resolution can be hardware related.

Aircraft

-Use "3-D virtual cockpit"

-Turn on "Show cockpit ToolTips" and "High-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit"

-give the panel transparency the value 0%

-Turn on "Aircraft casts shadows on ground" and "landing-lights illuminate ground"

Scenery

-detail radius: Large

-Mesh complexity: 100

-Mesh resolution: 10m

-Texture resolution: 7cm

-Water effects: Low 1.x

-Turn on the "Land detail textures"

-The "Scenery complexity", "Autogen density", "Special effects detail" can be all to maximum.

-Turn the "Ground scenery shadows" off.

Terrain and water

-Keep every thing for the moment at low.

-Simple clouds.

Traffic (its working fine If you have "Ultimate Traffic 2" for Bari)

-Airline traffic density: 14%

-General aviathon traffic density: 14%

-Airport vehicle density: None

-Keep all settings on "Land adn see traffic" at 14%.

-Turn off the "Thermic"

Those settigns will help you solve the problem.

We work on the exact reason of blackshaded taxiway-signs.

Thank you for your reply, Konstantinos.

I tried your suggested settings (I already used most of them) but unfortunately nothing changes, I still have the signs with a black frame and back :-(, like in the attached screenshot.

post-19486-0-46757100-1340454744_thumb.j

I have found the culprit... I just needed to erase the shaders cache, by deleting the folder users/myname/AppData/Local/Microsoft/FSX/Shaders (Windows 7). After doing that I recovered the grey textured colour of the taxi signs :cheers_s:

• Aerosoft

I have found the culprit... I just needed to erase the shaders cache, by deleting the folder users/myname/AppData/Local/Microsoft/FSX/Shaders (Windows 7). After doing that I recovered the grey textured colour of the taxi signs :cheers_s:

Did you ever do any manual changes to that?

About 7-8 months ago I modified the file Common.fhx, following Bojote advice, in order to avoid getting black squares before certain scenery lights (such as PAPI) were loaded. He also adviced to delete the Shaders folder. Since that modification made the AI aircraft disappear (only their lights were visible), I returned to the original Common.fhx and probably deleted the Shaders folder once more. After that I did not touch it. Yesterday, while doing troubleshooting, I tried deleting it and it worked.

• 1 month later...
  • Developer
Here you find a attachement with a replacement for the Afcad file, maybe this helps for the Taxisignes too, beside the wrong Ident for the ILS.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Its quite possibly perfectly normal. A lot of airports have taxiway signs that as essentially a black box with an illuinated sign face.

Heres an image I've been using as reference for scaling from a manufacturer of taxiway signs (Deleted by Herman in this post to save space)

You're right about black being the most common color, at least here in the US. In fact, I was next to one for an hour this afternoon at KPAE and it was definitely black around the bezel and the case.

This at a flyby demo today at KPAE for three of the Luftwaffe aircraft in Paul Allen's collection, The Fw 190, Bf 109 and Fi 156 (all with their original powerplants). Unfortunately, only the Storch flew, due to mechanicals on the other two. We did get to hear them at least do a runup. With a headwind, the little Fieseler sure goes slow.