Corfu' X terrain

maddoc

well i just tryeid to take the default file and place it in corfu folder thats the only way i guess i could get it looking like yours.. i think you have to check your traffic program as sugested as i mean that is a cause as it uses its own afcad as far as i have understood. because if it is registrated right i cant think of a cause as i used UTX and GEX whit out this problem... only if a file is missing this could happen if i should give any other places where it could be..

post-32482-0-35998100-1352843340_thumb.j

I am using Ultimate Traffic 2 and have not found any other files that have lgkr in its name at all. Should I try moving the default file to another lower priority location? And when you say "default file" are you referring to the AFX_LGKR_ALT.bgl file?

no i was refering to the default afcad file made by microsoft i just moved it from its orignal location to Corfu X to try tricker it so dont do that it´s only for testing and to se if things match your pictures.. i would try install Ultimate Traffic 2 later to se if i can find out of something...

ok i just tested Ultimate Traffic 2 no problem... as this program dsent create its own afcad like some other programs does or in other words i could find special files for the program...

But if im right you have fs dreamteam GSX installed that might be the cause i tested it after i tryeid tricker fsx yesterday to show it like yours it stil did it whit the file removed then i saw it regenerates the file for GSX but the problem stil remains... so what i think is you got GSX then you got corfu X and thats why you se it that way i guess as that might have been the same i might have experinced and dont ask me why but after i removed GSX the problem was gone.... so in some way i hope i have found the reason for your problem and by remove and reinstall the gsx program hopefuly works if it errase the created files so it has to create some new that hopefuly work as my worked before i started to force it to do unwanted things..

So i realy hope i got the brake throu, you have been waiting for... but if thats not the case im emty for idears about what it might bee..

I very much appreciate all the effort. I do indeed have GSX and will try that out as soon as I get the opportunity. I will try removing it first and test a load up of Corfu, then if it clears up I'll do a GSX re-install and see where that leaves me.

Thanks again!

Sadly, no luck. Uninstalled GSX and it looks exactly the same. I also uninstalled Corfu and loaded it up to be sure I am seeing default scenery, which it appears I do, then reinstalled Corfu. It looks as before with all of the default scenery showing, as I saw it with Corfu uninstalled, plus the Aerosoft scenery floating above it. I have removed Ultimate Terrain Europe, disabled FlyTampa LGAV, and anything else I can think of, and it still shows like in the screenshot. Another interesting note, the parking selection options from the free flight screen are exactly the same with Aerosoft Corfu installed, or with it removed entirely. I would expect to see different parking options with the Aerosoft version enabled, Odd, but just reinforcing that the default scenery seems to be prominently displaying right along side the Aerosoft stuff.

Yeah Aaron, it really seems like there is a duplicate afcad somewhere. Last resort might have to be uninstalling everything, including FSX, then installing Corfu first, and seeing if the issue persists. After that, install the rest of your addons one by one and checking each time you do to see what is actually affecting it.

I know that's less than preferable but based on everything you've tried I can't help but see that as the last option.

Im sorry to hear that but then im sadly out of sugestions i could only say that to se if it is the default data that creates the problem you could go to your FSXfolder\scenary\0602\ search for: apx53170 and remove it to a safe backup place then the default airport file microsoft made can´t inter fear any more... only a add-on..

Im sorry to hear that but then im sadly out of sugestions i could only say that to se if it is the default data that creates the problem you could go to your FSXfolder\scenary\0602\ search for: apx53170 and remove it to a safe backup place then the default airport file microsoft made can´t inter fear any more... only a add-on..

So, I pulled the default file out you listed and the first thing I noticed is that in the free flight screen I no longer had any parking options at all. Just "Active Runway", which is consistent with what I saw when uninstalling the Aerosoft scenery and not noticing any change in parking locations. FSX is only seeing the default AFCAD, nothing from Aerosoft.

Also, with the default file removed all the default taxiways did disappear when loading up LGKR, but the scenery was still messed up with floating ground textures and elevation issues.

sounds strage.. in some terms it looks like your sim dosent read the afcad for this airport that was included whit corfu X based on what you describe but you have AFX_LGKR.bgl in the aerosoft/corfu X/ scenary folder when installed ? by the way i saw you did a search for lgkr and you only found AFX_LGKR_alt.bgl thats why i aske becaus if this file is missing i clearly understand why it dosent work...

els i think a re-install is the only way out as we are running out of sugestions as it sounds like something is totaly wrong here

Ok, so that was an interesting adventure.

After uninstalling and then reinstalling I went to the Aerosoft launcher and found that it still seemed to be activated from the previous install. I moved on thinking all was good with activation, but it appears not. I looked in the Corfu\scenery folder and found a number of .blob files. I renamed all of those to .bgl and it looks like things are magically working now. The blob file issue was a problem in the first install as well, but renaming them to .bgl did not seem to fix anything so perhaps there were two problems. Perhaps something went really wrong with the first install that reinstalling fixed, but the blob files needed to be addressed again in the new install.

All a bunch of speculation at this point I guess, but on my last test things actually did look right. Thanks for the help guys, especially you KAPTEJNLN... er, Mr. KAPTEJNLN... Ms. KAPTEJNLN, as I was beginning to lose hope on this one.

• 2 months later...

Hi Aaron glad you solved it, I have also had this problem and finaly solved it today. Thought I'd also post how I fixed it as I tried various options including the renaming that didnt work, finally did this and all OK

May help some other simmers, as it was driving me barmy !

corruption on the runway elevation ,sunken vehicles

Finally found a solution that worked for me, my sunken vehicles and runway now fine. This is what i did

Originaly I uninstalled via windows control panel/remove, as the option in the Aerosoft Launcher to uninstall was in a different language that I do not speak so didn’t want to risk using that.

So I uninstalled but found it strange when I reinstalled that it still said activated in the aerosoft launcer for corfu x after I reinstalled it again so this is what I did

Uninstalled via Aerosoft Launcher

Reboot

Reinstalled

Noticed there were BLOB files in E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Corfu X\scenery

- LEFT THEM ALONE

Back into Aerosoft launcher noticed a registration history button, clicked that DEREGISTERED corfu X via this from my computer.

RE REGISTERED via this screen

Checked the E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Aerosoft\Corfu X\scenery

All Blob files gone

Loaded up, Perfect trucks all fine and the runway / taxiways are as they should be

It worked for me hope hope this helps someone else

Regards

Steve

• 1 month later...

Archived