BARI airport - Ugly "platform" effect towards the sea

jgoggi

Hi,

Is there anything that can be done in order to avoid the ugly terrain "step" about 50 meters high, after the threshold of runway 25 towards the sea? In the real airport there is not a step but the terrain goes "softly" from about 50 meters to sea level.

I thought a ground mesh was included in LIBD scenery, respecting the real mesh, instead it is not, and that platform effect towards the coast is really ugly :-(.

• Upvote 2

Guest cptawsom

This is a restriction of FSX. All airports have to be both level and horizontal.

Of course this does not happen in the real world.

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Is there anything that can be done in order to avoid the ugly terrain "step" about 50 meters high, after the threshold of runway 25 towards the sea? In the real airport there is not a step but the terrain goes "softly" from about 50 meters to sea level.

I thought a ground mesh was included in LIBD scenery, respecting the real mesh, instead it is not, and that platform effect towards the coast is really ugly :-(.

Are you sure you have set up the mesh as advised in the manual?

Are you sure you have set up the mesh as advised in the manual?

Mathijs, the only setting related to the mesh I see on the manual is the screenshot on page 25, where I see a mesh resolution of 5 m. That is exactly the resolution I use.

Do you mean that I should not have that terrain step?

Thank you.

• Upvote 2

Yes, that's how it looks on my computer, as well. I just wonder, considering that the real airport apron elevation is 156 ft and the runway 25 threshold about 110 ft, if the scenery elevation could have been done lower than 170 ft (for example 130 ft), so that the difference in elevation between airport and coast is less visible.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Yes, that's how it looks on my computer, as well. I just wonder, considering that the real airport apron elevation is 156 ft and the runway 25 threshold about 110 ft, if the scenery elevation could have been done lower than 170 ft (for example 130 ft), so that the difference in elevation between airport and coast is less visible.

Changing the altitude of an airport is dangerous. If you would follow checklists (barometer setting) it would mean that your altimeter is set incorrect! It will also mean that traffic add-ons would show traffic below or under the ground.