Problem after installation of Toulouse X

eziocin

Hi,

After the installation of ToulouseX I have started experiencing CTD when exiting FSX. Problem details state that "..asedata.dll unloaded".

I understand asedata.dll has been installed in Aerosoft folder during the installation of Toulouse X. I have also upgraded Aerosoft Launcher to the latest version, but there is no way I can avoid CTD everytime I quit FSX.

Any suggestion ?

What is the purpouse of asedata.dll ? I have not tried yet to uninstall Toulouse but if I do, will asedata.dll be uninstalled as well ?

Thank you very much

Regards

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Jackson,

ASE is the new way Aerosoft Software gets activated. The Launcher is now only optional. So when you install a software like Toulouse (Frankfurt Hahn was first one using this new method), you should do this always as Administrator and when starting FSX answer the security question with Yes. ASE is mandatory to be installed, otherwise the addon want be displayed correctly.

In your case I would recommend the following:

- Uninstall Toulouse

- Uninstall ASE (there is an uninstaller in the aerosoft directory)

- install the latest version of Toulouse

First of all, thank you very much for your answer.

I always install software as Administrator (and Toulouse wan no exception), and I answered Yes to the FSX security question regarding ASE. So I do not understand what could change if I unistall Toulouse and ASE and then reinstall everything. What should I expect from this operation ? Am I missing something ?

Another question: is Launcher still necessary or can I uninstall it ? I mean, if I uninstall Launcher am I going to have problems with the software that was activated via Launcher ?

Thanks for your help....

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Uninstalled Toulouse X and ASE (via the uninstall in the Aerosoft folder) and the problem went away. I have reinstalled Toulouse X (and Bari) and I am starting again having CTD upon FSX exit. Same "..asedata.dll unloaded".

Very annoying...

Any suggestion ?

I will also repeat the question in my post above : can I uninstall Launcher or do I have to keep it installed as I have may airports activated via Launcher ? Not clear to me if ASE replaces Launcher, if they can stay on together, or if Launcher is now obsolete.

Thanks

Regards

Hello "hookipa",

please send me (maria.plet@aerosoft.de) config and log files:

1) the aseLogFile.txt, aseLogFile1.txt => C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

2) the dll.xml and FSX.cfg => C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Thanks