X-Plane scenery & FSX

Jetwings32

Well for starters let me rephrase my question, seeing it looks like I might have pissed few of my fellow pilots & fans of Aerosoft off.. My initial question was nothing going against Aerosoft or there scenery for X-Plane.. We all know that Aerosoft makes some kick Ass Awsome scenery for us to fly into & out of for FSX & now X-Plane.. Its the X-Plane game itself that I had seen some things how it operates that I'm not exactly comfortable with for right now anyway.. Nothing to do with Aerosoft scenery for it though.. There scenery for both is still extremely breath taking..

I just want to make sure because I'm just getting able to slowly build up my scenery in my FSX & I wanted to make sure Aerosoft for a long time will still be continue to make FSX scenery as well as X-Plane 10 scenery & Aircraft.

I've seen so many times where a new flightsim comes out & usually soon over alittle time scenery places stop making scenery for the previous flightsim & then your spend all this money putting into your sim & then you have to buy the new one or your screwed because they don't make scenery for the sim you have.. So i just wanted to make sure that wasn't going to happen to me.. Atleast for a very long time.. I'm sure eventually over a few yrs FSX will be just a memory but I really like FSX & hope FSX atleast survives for several more yrs..

So All I was trying to do is just get a sense to make sure Aerosoft would still make FSX for a very long while yet as well as make scenery for X-Plane flyers also..

Hehe, I'm quite pleased actually. Keep it up Aerosoft! But seriously, most of what I've seen is just better looking versions of what is already out there for FSX or being done in conjunction with the FSX version. Plenty of room for both, until one eventually grows.

• Upvote 2

As far as I noticed they first develop a certain scenery for FSX and at a later point also for X-plane. Look at for example Amsterdam, Keflavik and Lugano. All of those airports already existed for FSX and in fact they only needed to be converted to X-plane. Scenery development for just X-plane wouldn't be profitable, just like FS2004 the market for X-plane is just too small. But it can be a side-product, just like they did with Toulouse. First of all it's for FSX, but on the side it's also for X-plane.

• Upvote 1

Thats cool. Basically all I was trying to do by what I was trying to make sure is that they'll continue to make Fsx while making X-plane. I think i'll eventually like X-plane someday but right now I like FSX more & i'm just starting to get my FSX built up with scenery.

Thats why I just wanted to make sure.

• Aerosoft

Let's close this discussion by saying what we always say, we are a commercial company and we do not decided what we make, but we make what we can sell. If you all start using FS2002 we would make FS2002 scenery. Right now FSX, FS2004 and X-Plane 10 are our commercial platforms and as long as we got customers for those we'll make products for them. FSX is most certainly not going to go away very fast. FS2004 however is getting seriously slow, with comparable products we see 8 times more downloads for the FSX version then for thew FS2004 version.