Airport Toulouse

Air Holland

Because it is you who is asking it: NO!

When will you realise that your little 10 year old platform is dying!

Just because you can't afford modern computer hardware, it doesn't mean we should be limited by such an old platform.

You have no idea what a pain in the ass FS9 developerment is for developers, they have to make everything backwards compatible for a small group of people. It means developers have to hold back on technological progress. When will you see that FSX-only prodcuts are so much better! Pleas, stop you everlasting cry for FS9 products!

• Upvote 7

KLM737 can you respect that there are stil a lot of fs9 users it is non of your bussines why people stil using fs9 for several resons.

FSX is not superior above fs9 so you dont need to act so arogant against the fs9 users, everyone has the right to use the flightsim they like to use.

Also the fs9 users is stil bigger then you think so stop your everlasting cry against the fs9 users.

You are not a developer so there is totaly no need to speak on there behalve of the flightsimulator developers or sit on the deveopler seat.

• Upvote 5

No doubt there are still a lot of FS2004 users out there, but as Mathijs has said lots of times it's not the number of users that counts. It's the number of customers that counts, and the number of customers is far less than the number of users. Therefor it's always a consideration wether they can get enough sales to make an FS2004 scenery profitable.

Now you can say FSX is not superior above FS2004, but in number of sales it certainly is. If I remember correct I once heard someone say the number of FS2004 sales is about 10% of the number of FSX sales. And since additional FS2004 development costs money, it's always the question wether that 10% of the sales is more or less than the amount of money the development costs.

• Upvote 2

What strikes me most is that the previous time I visited this thread I noticed 'KLM737' having minus four votes.

Which is much less than deserved for such a pointless, childish and rude posting.

And now what? Some folks... voted it up! What kind of kindergarden game is it?

Are you voting this rudeness up just to say how much you hate when someone uses a different game version than you?

Or maybe you just love such posts and want more of them? If so, then please give his post ten more thumbs up!

That's the type of posting we need here at Aerosoft... :confused2_s:

EDIT I would forget: I would also like to buy an FS9 version of this addon. Now please jump on me!

• Upvote 8

@ PatrickZ good story! I completely agree with you.

@Rafel Haczek, what strikes me the most is the continuous whine of Air Holland for FS9 sceneries.

I believe KLM737 and PatrickZ told it enough times already. So I'm not suprised that one of them will eventually react in a different way than they normally do. ;-)

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

I also hope that there will be a FS9 version of Toulouse . i am living in Belgium and i like short and medium flights . I have all the main German but the smaller ones should be nice to have like Frankfurt Hahn . Same for Toulouse in addition to CDG ORY NCE and MRS .

I have the older sceneries Frankfurt Hahn and Toulouse . i'am sticking to FS9 because i have a lot of nice sceneries and a computer that finely can run smoothly with all sliders to the MAX and using Real weather .

Do you think that i will destroy my FS9 that costed me a fortune to build up? ( i started with FS98, updated to FS2000 and again Updated to FS2002 and ended with FS2004 ) I made a complete AI wich is nice just to look at...

I will sometimes use FSX for small flights on small airports but i will stick to FS2004 because i can fully control that application with the very nice FSNAV and AFCAD;.

FS9 fan,

Johnsan

• Upvote 3

• Aerosoft

Guys, if we think it makes commercial sense we will do it, there is really no need to let us know. However if we check download numbers we see that a project that has FSX/P3D and FS2004 version sees 4 to 6 times more downloads for the FSX version. It really becomes harder not to loose money on FS2004. We know there are a lot of people who use FS2004, there are just not a lot of FS2004 users willing to spend money.

Guys, if we think it makes commercial sense we will do it, there is really no need to let us know. However if we check download numbers we see that a project that has FSX/P3D and FS2004 version sees 4 to 6 times more downloads for the FSX version. It really becomes harder not to loose money on FS2004. We know there are a lot of people who use FS2004, there are just not a lot of FS2004 users willing to spend money.

Hey Mathijs,

Are you pondering to make a P3D installer?

Guest cptawsom
However if we check download numbers we see that a project that has FSX/P3D and FS2004 version sees 4 to 6 times more downloads for the FSX version. It really becomes harder not to loose money on FS2004.

These are excellent news, IMHO.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Because it is you who is asking it: NO!

When will you realise that your little 10 year old platform is dying!

Just because you can't afford modern computer hardware, it doesn't mean we should be limited by such an old platform.

You have no idea what a pain in the ass FS9 developerment is for developers, they have to make everything backwards compatible for a small group of people. It means developers have to hold back on technological progress. When will you see that FSX-only prodcuts are so much better! Pleas, stop you everlasting cry for FS9 products!

You are a moron... We FS9 users build up company like AS, I have a great pc. But don't like FSX. So please respect that.

• Aerosoft

Guys it is very simple, if there is enough market for something we'll release it. And yes there are a great number of FS2004 users, unfortunately they are unwilling to spend much money these days on a platform that is so old. This is all very common.

The decision if we make a product is based on past sales experiences, spreadsheets. Indeed the customers who bought FS2004 add-ons contributed greatly to what we are now, but that still does not allow us to start selling products at a loss.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guys it is very simple, if there is enough market for something we'll release it. And yes there are a great number of FS2004 users, unfortunately they are unwilling to spend much money these days on a platform that is so old. This is all very common.

The decision if we make a product is based on past sales experiences, spreadsheets. Indeed the customers who bought FS2004 add-ons contributed greatly to what we are now, but that still does not allow us to start selling products at a loss.

And so you are saying the X-Plane base is firmly lager than the FS9 base? Because a X-Plane version was released and I highly doubt there are more X-Plane users out there than FS9 users. So how do you justify your statement? Or are you saying the X-Plane base is smaller but they are spending more money than FS9 people? Because this would be impossible as well given the quantity ratio of products released between the two platforms are highly unmatched.

Let's just call a spade a spade. Most developers just don't want to develop products for FS9? Or is it that Aerosoft is in bed with Laminar?

No pun to be disrespectful here as I highly respect you Mathijs, but something is amiss here and I believe others see that too. I accepted your statement for what it was but with the XPL release, this makes your words untrue so there has to be another reason an XPL version was released. Perhaps this time the developer himself can clarify...

• Aerosoft

And so you are saying the X-Plane base is firmly lager than the FS9 base? Because a X-Plane version was released and I highly doubt there are more X-Plane users out there than FS9 users. So how do you justify your statement? Or are you saying the X-Plane base is smaller but they are spending more money than FS9 people? Because this would be impossible as well given the quantity ratio of products released between the two platforms are highly unmatched.

Let's just call a spade a spade. Most developers just don't want to develop products for FS9? Or is it that Aerosoft is in bed with Laminar?

No pun to be disrespectful here as I highly respect you Mathijs, but something is amiss here and I believe others see that too. I accepted your statement for what it was but with the XPL release, this makes your words untrue so there has to be another reason an XPL version was released. Perhaps this time the developer himself can clarify...

This is an internal development. But yes it is hard to get some external developers to work for FS2004 at this moment, not only because it gives them a lot less money for their work, but also because there are limitations they find it hard to live with at this moment. Please believe me when I say that half of the FS2004 releases are done because the developers like the people who ask them for it, not because they make money. As I said many times, for us it does not matter a lot how many users there are but how many add-ons they buy.

And I think the reason behind our logic is not too hard to understand, The X-Plane market is growing (pretty fast in fact) and the FS2004 market is declining (slowly). And yes X-Plane simmers are far easier to convince parting with their money then FS2004 pilots are at this moment. A company has to focus on the future not the past. And yes, we are 'in bed' with Laminar, we are their biggest distributor and some of our developers are adding code to X-Plane 10. Not exactly a secret, we have shipped tens of thousands of X-Plane 10 boxes with our logo on it.

Ok fair enough. Question: At X-Plane's current rate of growth, how long have you estimated untill the XPL base reaches the FS9 base counting for the current rate of decline of the FS9 base?

• Aerosoft

Ok fair enough. Question: At X-Plane's current rate of growth, how long have you estimated untill the XPL base reaches the FS9 base counting for the current rate of decline of the FS9 base?

That's a hard question... Commercially I would say we could reach that inside 2 year, but it depends a lot on how X-Plane develops. There are still areas that make it hard for many FS users, such as the AI traffic that is designed completely different.