San Francisco Problem

JohnB777

Hi its me...again, my Flight Simulator has been acting all weird lately and here is another issue.

post-63665-0-68766200-1339355927_thumb.j

Where is the autogen?

This is San Francisco International Airport (KSFO) (Aerosoft Mega airport San Francisco)

Hi its me...again, my Flight Simulator has been acting all weird lately and here is another issue.

post-63665-0-68766200-1339355927_thumb.j

Where is the autogen?

This is San Francisco International Airport (KSFO) (Aerosoft Mega airport San Francisco)

What might you have changed recently or installed.

I uninstalled Mega Airport Madrid Barajas which also had the error. But that is it. I thought uninstalling Madrid would get rid of this error and end it before it went on to another airport but it didn't work. This actually doesn't effect any preformance, it just looks ugly and I don't like it.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Anything else. You can use "fsx.cfg.old" or "fsx.cfg.bak" or fsx062512.cfg" if you want. The idea is simply to change the extension or the name (or both). Since FSX will be looking for the specific file "fsx.cfg" and won't find it, it will recreate one.

Guest cptawsom

Anything else. You can use "fsx.cfg.old" or "fsx.cfg.bak" or fsx062512.cfg" if you want. The idea is simply to change the extension or the name (or both). Since FSX will be looking for the specific file "fsx.cfg" and won't find it, it will recreate one.

Plus, he does keep, in this way, a backup of his old fsx.cfg, in case he needs it again.

Plus, he does keep, in this way, a backup of his old fsx.cfg, in case he needs it again.

Sure, renaming the cfg. is in fact making a backup..

• Deputy Sheriffs

Right on, cptawsom and rocky. To me that would be obvous, but given the level of question, I should have added the extra info you guys did. Thanks for the help.

Hello;

Have you tried moving the order of the 2 sceneries in the Fsx library,it could be like Klas,and the Las Vegas scenery,if you don't have them in the correct order,strange things happen.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded MegaAirport San Francisco from the disk I bought from Aerosoft. I hope I made a mistake installing this because it looks nothing like the youtube videos. Nothin is very clear, no trams, runways are half gone, covered with blurry green textures. Please help if this is not mormal.. Can hardly see any improvement over default. In my scenery library "San Francisco" is at the top followed by U.S. Cities X San Francisco.

I want this scenery to look as it does on the Flightbeam website and youtube. It has great reviews so surely it can be this bad. Help if you can.

Thanks

phil G SF CA

fsx win 7 64 intel i7 2600k 3.4

Hi Phil-

Make sure, that you have the DX10 TIckbox deactivated in the FSX settings... Might be a solution for some of your problems.

Also,maybe you can attach a screenshot, that would make it easier to understand your problem.

Alex

I made a mistake indeed! I never activated MegaAirport San Francisco...no wonder it looked so bad (FSX default). Got it installed and it looks great! Haven't noticed any FPS hit yet. GREAT SCENERY! and Mir over at Flightbeam was quick with response.

People like me keep you guys busy :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

I made a mistake indeed! I never activated MegaAirport San Francisco...no wonder it looked so bad (FSX default). Got it installed and it looks great! Haven't noticed any FPS hit yet. GREAT SCENERY! and Mir over at Flightbeam was quick with response.

People like me keep you guys busy :)

Glad to see things are working right for you now. Sometimes it's the little things that none of us "experts" thinks of.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't responded latley, I haven't been home a lot. I still have the problem and haven't found the solutition. I may not be able to respond very quickly because I won't be home until the end of August but I haven't quit on my flight simulator yet.

Sorry I haven't responded latley, I haven't been home a lot. I still have the problem and haven't found the solutition. I may not be able to respond very quickly because I won't be home until the end of August but I haven't quit on my flight simulator yet.

Did you try the FSX.cfg suggestion, also do you have USA UTX installed.

Yes I did the cfg edit, maybe I didn't do it right but I'm sure it was the right file. I don't have and UTX product installed. But I do have GEX North America and Europe, could that be doing something to cause the problem? I actually had this same errror at Madrid but then I uninstalled Madrid and the error moved here for some reason. The error is wierd because its not everywhere that is flat, just that place beside the airport. The error doesn't actually do anything, it just looks ugly beside a perfeclty good airport.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling GEX before and it didn't work (but that was when the error was at a different airport). I have also tried the FSX repair option by insterting the CD and making FSX fix all corrupted files, but that did not work either.

Hmmm...... I should definetly try again to put the FSX.cfg somewhere else and let FSX create a new one. I think I might have done it wrong last time. I will defineley try it once I get home.

There was also this bad addon I uninstalled (there was nothing wrong with it it was just not realistic, it was the AFS design A380), it had no uninstall button so I just deleted its files but I remember now that you should never delete files directly in FSX. As soon as I deleted the add-on the problem started, there must be a corrupted file in the FSX files somewhere. Reinstalling the add-on should fix the problem!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

It's in a hidden folder, so you'll have to choose to show hidden folders first (In Win7, from Explorer view and the "Organize" menu, choose "Folder and search options", then under the "View" tab, choose "Show hidden files, folders and drives". IIRC, it's the same for Vista).

Again, in Win 7 (and probably Vista), under your user name, click on your name to get all the associated folders in the right pane. From there, it's under AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX. If you like, you can do a shortcut and keep it in your FSX folder off Start menu/All Programs. That way, you won't have to go looking or find this message.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Can someone please give me the exact location of the FSX.cfg because I can't find it.

Please avoid cross posting the same question. I see where you asked for the same info the next post down, which makes more work for you in tracking answers and those trying to help you. ;)