German Airfields 9 - once again

Florian Schulz

Hello all,

I just bought the German Airfields 9 for FSX in the download-version. I installed it and I have the following problems (at least for EDQT, my home airport):

- No AI traffic (CR-planes aren't installed in the SimObjects\Aircraft-folder)

- Missing RWY-/TWY centerlines

- flashing textures (e.g. the fuel truck or the door with the Ambulance VW)

- Missing textures (interior of some hangars)

Setup used:

Acer Aspire 5742G Intel Core i5 480M @ 2,7 GHz, 8GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT540M CUDA

Win 7 HP SP1 x64

FSX SP1 + Acceleration Pack

No other 3rd party scenery is used.

I hope we can find a solution to the mentioned problems.

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

Florian :confused_s:

Edit: May the missing plane prob be caused by FS 2004 with German VFR-Airfields Vol. 3 (EDQT, EDFW, EDFC,...)?

Edit 2: Activating the DX10 preview made the centerlines show up - this couldn't be that easy, could it?

Hello Florian. Do you have 'User Account Control' in Win7 disabled? If not this can cause issues with files being installed correctly. Additionally did you right-click the installer and select 'Run as Administrator'?

Trying the above may help to resolve your issues.

Chris

Do you have 'User Account Control' in Win7 disabled? If not this can cause issues with files being installed correctly. Additionally did you right-click the installer and select 'Run as Administrator'?

Hello Chris,

thanks for your answer and yes to both. I'm just wondering why the installer was able to change (or better create) the scenery files (except for the missing textures) but not the aircraft files. Could it work with just adding the FS2004 AI aircraft for that region?

What also made me thinking about the textures is the following: the inner hangar textures are right there where they should be, but they aren't shown (see pics attached)

Florian

post-31857-0-49245700-1339132290_thumb.j

post-31857-0-48875000-1339132440_thumb.j

post-31857-0-84183700-1339132448.jpg

I'm sure Shaun will pick this up and forward the issue to the developers if there are no other obvious solutions.

I've tried a few things but it does look like the texture hasn't been assigned to the model.

Chris

Still, it doesn't sort out my AI traffic problem. I' ll just wait and hope for the best.

By the way, is there any possibility to include skydivers to the airport, like a plane starting, climb FL140, descend, wait a few moments with Engine running and start again?

Would be a nice feature for the DZ there. :)

Florian

Tiny update: I just came up with the idea to do a flight during sunrise. The textures of the hangar doors appear just as they are supposed. They depict closed doors, when I switched over to daylight, the "black holes" were back.

Florian

Supplemental:

I found that the PAPI housings also change color.

post-31857-0-15733300-1339445036_thumb.j

Hi Florian,

The 1.2 patch will fix some problems but just a few... This patch was released with the GAF 11 version and also fixes the common object library if I remember this correctly.

Christoph Rieger and Rolf Schon are working on another update for some time already to fix some more problems but not all can be fixed within a free update.

Please keep in mind that GAF9 was released before SP2 and some problems are related to issues with the (updated) FSX engine and/or graphic card specifics. To fix these problems requires a complete re-design of certain elements and that won't be addressed in a mere update. (Examples: flickering fuel truck or ambulance car - which seems to be a problem especially with nVidia graphic cards - at least I did have it on my nVidia card, too).

Last thing I heard from Christoph is that they submitted the patch to Aerosoft to create the installer, which then has to be checked again by Christoph and Rolf. This will unfortunately take some more time as Christoph is working in China since last year and is heavily involved in current projects and Rolf has to take care of his family.

I - as an avid VFR pilot - am as keen to get this new patch as you are but we need to be patient, I'm afraid.

Hope this helps... - I am no member of the team but I did a little beta testing of this last patch and I am in loose contact with the developers. I'm justing jumping in here as Christoph didn't reply to this thread yet... - so please don't kill the messager... :mallet_s:

Patience is my least problem. I just thought I note down my findings, so that some possible sources for problems might be determined. What bugs me most is the lack of AI traffic. I can live with black holes in hangars or Chamaeleon PAPI lights, but it feels somehow alone ;)

Still, it just has not been my intention to buy FSX and this (in general) great addon I already knew from the previous version for FS2002/2004 just to use exact those sims to enjoy the sceneries properly.

And is there any possibility for me as user to remove some stuff from the scenery, like the fuel truck or the Unimog?

Florian

Patience is my least problem. I just thought I note down my findings, so that some possible sources for problems might be determined. What bugs me most is the lack of AI traffic. I can live with black holes in hangars or Chamaeleon PAPI lights, but it feels somehow alone ;)

Still, it just has not been my intention to buy FSX and this (in general) great addon I already knew from the previous version for FS2002/2004 just to use exact those sims to enjoy the sceneries properly.

And is there any possibility for me as user to remove some stuff from the scenery, like the fuel truck or the Unimog?

Florian

You would need to find out which files they belonged in by trial and error.