MEGA AIRPORT AMSTERDAM SCHIPHOL X ATIS

lulu47

HI Shaun,

Flying always with real weather update every 15 min in FSX, EHAM ATIS gives fake and extra rwy that not exist (for example ILS runway 18R, runway 18R visual then ILS runway 19, runway 19 visual, ILS runway 20, runway 20 visual, ILS runway 21, runway 21 visual and so on...), of course I select in the AFCAD utility, afcad South, West, East or North depending on the wind direction, for information I use Ultimate Trafic 2.

I've seen same problem for some other airports in other topics here, problem comes apparently from Xwind rwy but is it a solution for retrieving a normal ATIS?

Best regards

Nile Daniel

Brussels

Guest cptawsom
I've seen same problem for some other airports in other topics here, problem comes apparently from Xwind rwy but is it a solution for retrieving a normal ATIS?

I don't think so.

Ray Smith, who has produced many enhanced (and excellent) AFCADs (with crosswind runways) in the AVSIM library, has stated that this is a limitation of FSX, and it's the only way to enable crosswind runway operations.

So, ignore the runways from ATIS. Mind only wind direction (and speed), (and QNH to set your altimeters).

And then select your preferred runway for take-off or landing.

Thanks for the respons but still hoping that Shaun or someone else as a beter solution because this is absolutely not realistic!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the respons but still hoping that Shaun or someone else as a beter solution because this is absolutely not realistic!

Nile, cptawsom is absolutely right. It is a limitation of FSX and there is no other solution. Same problem exists for example in Zurich. in this case Aerosoft's Zurich comes with a tool offering a kind of workaround, but it is also not a solution due to the limitations.